Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question: Placing Stop Order on the chart with Chart Trader

Hello,

I'm embarrassed to ask this but ask I must.

Why, when placing a stop limit order, am I prompted with a small widget asking for a number?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1226722

Ask you can see, I have the Order qty set to 3. So, what is the purpose of the number prompt?

Further, when clicking on the calculator icon, this appears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	59
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1226723

What are those numbers? The left set of numbers appear to be lot sizing for Forex. What are the right set of numbers with the "+" in front?

For what it's worth, I spent about 15 minutes looking for answer in the help pages. I couldn't find anything. On the web, I found a 2 minute video on putting in an order with Chart Trader but it didn't address a Stop Limit.

Thanks,
    Matt

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your post.
    When submitting your stop order, you are being prompted for a "Stop Limit Offset".

Below is an excerpt from our Help Guide Article ("Submitting Orders") that explains what this is:

"A numeric field will appear, allowing you to set the limit offset of the order (the number of ticks away at which you wish to place the Limit price of the Stop-Limit order). Either by using your mouse scroll wheel or clicking on the up/down arrows in the numeric field, set the number of ticks and press the checkmark button to complete the order submission. For example, if you intend to place an order with a buy Stop price of 1000 and a Limit price of 1001 (4 ticks for the S&P E-mini contract), you would set the numeric field value to 4. Following the same example and submitting a sell stop-limit order, setting the numeric field value to 4 would result in a stop price of 1000 and a limit price of 999. Pressing the "X" button will cancel the order submission operation.

The numeric field also supports negative values. When a negative value is entered, a Simulated Stop order will be place"

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Eduardo!

I was looking for a screen shot similar the ones I posted above when looking in the help page. Therefore, I missed the explanation on that page.

Cheers,
      Matt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SaltyCoffee, Today, 01:13 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post SaltyCoffee  
      Started by FishTrade, 05-13-2024, 11:11 PM
      3 responses