Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG logger error

Hi,

Havent logged into my NT8 for a bit and i get this error when trying to log in. My log in details are correct and i even re-installed again with no luck. Can someone help me please

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	54
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1226472

Hello,

This type of error message indicates that something is blocking NinjaTrader from accessing its own files. I have outlined a few different troubleshooting steps below to combat this error.

Please try opening the Platform regularly after each of these steps.

Uninstall/Reinstall NinjaTrader 8

Please follow the steps listed below to complete a quick uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. These directions will keep you from losing any of your information.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Do not do anything to the Documents/NinjaTrader folder
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Before restarting NinjaTrader, be sure all available updates are installed to your PC from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page. Be sure to manually check for updates here, and reboot after any updates are installed.

Windows Firewall/Anti-Virus

First, please check for any virus protection, firewall, and backup software you may be running, and add exceptions for NinjaTrader so that they do not interfere with NinjaTrader's operation.

"Hidden" and "Read-only" Folder Settings

Next, try to adjust the read/write protection for NinjaTrader 8's documents folder:
    • Go to your Computer\Documents folder > right-click on the NinjaTrader 8 folder > select "Properties".
    • From the Folder properties, ensure that the Attributes have both "Read-only" and "Hidden" unchecked.
    • When prompted to Confirm Attribute Changes, please make sure to select "apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files" and press OK.
    • Re-open the platform to see if the error persists

Disable Controlled Folder Access

Next, press the "Windows Key" on your keyboard > Search for "Controlled Folder Access" > Click on "Controlled Folder Access" > Turn "Controlled Folder Access" off if it is enabled
    • This can be restricted by administrator settings. If you are unable to access this setting, please contact your network/PC administrator.
    • Additional information on Controlled Folder Access may be read at this publicly-available link from Microsoft's website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-security

Please let me know if these solutions work for you, and feel free to ask any questions you may have as you work.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post yertle
    by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes