Persisting the Strategy tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persisting the Strategy tab

Hi - I have about 20 strategies in my Strategy tab in Control Center. As long as I save my workspace, they get saved when I restart my NinjaTrader. However - they get deleted on two occasion - (1) If some .Net Error occurs/ or the system freezes, I have stop the application in Task Manager, and (2) if I have to reset the Simulation account (to clear the history), the associated Strategies get cleared out.

Is there some .XML file or other config file under the hood that I can backup and replace when the Strategy tab gets cleared? Setting up those 20 strategies over and over again is beginning to be cumbersome. I am sure the Strategy tab is being saved somewhere - any ideas?

Hi szayedoud, thanks for posting. The strategies are held within the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sqlite file (as of the latest update R27, in previous versions its called NinjaTrader.sdf) You can make a back up of this file to save the strategy configurations.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I imagine this file contains more than just the state of the Strategy tab? It sounds like the entire workspace. Is there anything I should be aware of, or other consequences (losing data or configurations) when replacing a backup of this file?

Comment

Hi szayedoud, the database also contains historical trade executions, orders, and all instrument definitions including custom instruments.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL​

Comment

Any way I can reset my historical data executions without clearing my Strategies? Backing up that file, brings back my strategies as well as historical trade executions that I cleared, which caused the Strategies to be cleared in the first place. This backup file doesn't really solve my problem.

Comment

Hi szayedoud, these data points are all saved together, so there is no other way to save your strategy instances.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes