Unable to Open Required Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Open Required Position

I am trying to trade the ES spread ( buy the Mini ES existing contract and sell the future March contract). This works fine when I am paper trading using Rhitmic data on a simulation account; however, it doesn't work on the real account as the system weirdly opens the third position.

Here is a screenshot of the buy and sell positions on the paper trading account. Works fine. (Photo 1)

The profit loss statement on the paper account also confirms this (Photo 2). It includes fees for two open legs.

However, when trading on a real account, the system opens the third instrument (which I guess is the spread on ES Dec - ES March) besides the buy-and-sell leg. I can't understand why the third trade opens. In fact, only the P/L on the third instrument counts toward the balance without taking into consideration what happens with the other two open (buy and sell) positions when I close them.
    (Photo 3).

The data feed is from Rhthmic. Why is it happening? Do I need to turn something off on Ninjatrader or I am missing something? THANKS!

Hello Cryptontrader,

Thank you for writing a post.

Please submit this as a ticket to NinjaTrader, so we may answer your question appropriately.

Please also include your log and trace files so that we may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.​
    Sean H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ageeholdings  
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes