New Interactive Brokers Account (with Live Real time data) and NT 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Interactive Brokers Account (with Live Real time data) and NT 8

Hi - I just funded a live Interactive Brokers account with real time data. I also have a paper trading account that is delayed by 10-15 min. I was hoping to use the real time Live Account to do some testing again various Sim Accounts in NinjaTrader as an alternative to using the paper trading account with delayed data. Here is where I currently stand:

- I am running IBKR Gateway (v. 10.19.1h, the latest stable version),connected to my live account. It connects with all green connects.
    - I can connect to this Gateway in Ninja Trader 8. ( v. 8.026.1 )

- I am getting real time data of the ES 12-22 in the DOM and in the Depth Chart, but I can't seem to create a 5 day, 1 min chart. It keeps saying "Loading ..

- I do get a "Default" Error in the Log tab that says something about "End Date/Time: The date, time or time-zone entered is invalid. The correct format yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss...."

Any ideas?
    Am I wrong to assume I can use the live account to use real time data against the Sim Accounts?
    Why are the charts not loading?

Thanks,
    Sam

Hello,

Please ensure you are running NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 and the 10.19.1.c versions of either TWS or IB Gateway as those are the currently supported versions.

Comment

That worked better after i updated to those versions. However, I have a gap in my chart - seems to be where NinjaTrader left off at 7:31am this morning, and 1:31 after I opened the chart with the IB Gateway connection on. Any ideas?

Comment

Hello,

Try right-clicking on the chart and clicking "Reload Historical Data".

If that does not work, try resetting your instruments.

To reset your instruments, please take these steps:
        1. Disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
        2. Reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
        3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
        4. Restart NinjaTrader

Comment

I already tried Reload Historical Data on the chart and that didn't work. I will the reset tonight. Thank you!

Comment

So, I tried the Reset steps mentioned above, restarted, and reconnected. Earlier today's gap was from 7:31 to 1:31 pm. Now, my gap is from 11:40 am to 17:40 pm (when I restarted). So some data was filled in up till 11:40 and this gap was consistent on all 5 E-mini Equity instruments (ES, NQ, YM, EMD and RTY).

Then I did a "Reload All Historical Data" to see if that would help. That pushed the gap from 12:00 to 17:59 (when I reloaded the historical data).

This is probably not Ninja's issue. From what I read on IB, it seems (but I am not sure, still learning IB), they provide Real Time Data feed, and so much historical data. Historical data come from "Snapshots" downloads of a few cents each. Is this consistent with what you know?

Comment

I am having the same problem. It is not IB. There is a problem with these versions communicating. I just updated my IB (10.19.1c) and NT8 (8.0.27.0) to these versions. Now I can not use NT8 any longer. Been using them together for 8 years successfully until now. My IB charts update flawlessly. Trying to use them with NT8 is not possible. Btw, I also tried the fixes outlined above by Christian N from NT. So far I have not found a way to get NT8 to work with IB like it used to for live up to date quotes and load data without gaps.
              Last edited by diver; 12-12-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I've been having similar issues to what diver is seeing. I'm not fully down, just a little annoyed. Historical data isn't happening. I had updated my IB TWS to version 10.19.1.c ~1 week ago. I can try going back to the older version, 9.8.1. Please work to correct this asap. Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by vsicth123 View Post
                  I've been having similar issues to what diver is seeing. I'm not fully down, just a little annoyed. Historical data isn't happening. I had updated my IB TWS to version 10.19.1.c ~1 week ago. I can try going back to the older version, 9.8.1. Please work to correct this asap. Thanks very much.
                  It's obvious NT has a problem on their hands that they so far do not want to address.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the updates diver​ and vsicth123. I was thinking I'm using NT/IB wrong. This is really disappointing.

Comment

I am having the same problem with NT and IB gateway. Tried 10.16, then 10.19 - has made IB and NT unusable. I switched over to MotiveWave and data loads flawlessly. Been using NT for at least 8 years. Same issue as other comments in this thread - historical data doesn't load. I have tried to reload historical data several times but still doesn't function correctly. I'm sure I have an old IB Gateway somewhere, but that doesn't seem to make sense to have to go back that far for working connectivity.

Comment

So my question is why isn't anyone from ninjatrader answering any of us on this thread??? Why aren't they acknowledging the problem and giving us a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by ninjatrader_christiann View Post
                          hello,

try right-clicking on the chart and clicking "reload historical data".

If that does not work, try resetting your instruments.

To reset your instruments, please take these steps:
                          1. disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the control center > connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
                          2. reset your instruments by navigating to the control center > tools > database management
                          3. in the database management window, under the “update instruments” section, ensure that “general properties”, "futures expiries" and “symbol mappings” options are checked and then click update
                          4. restart ninjatrader
                          this doesn't fix the problem

Comment

I am having the same problem. TWS ver 10.19.1c, NT8 ver 8.0.27.0. When loading historical data (either on initial connection or through CTRL-SHIFT-R) it loads all except the last 5 or so hours, leaving a gap in the chart between that historical data and new live data. And can also confirm the instructions provided to reset instruments does NOT fix the problem.

Comment

Anyone still experiencing issues can send their log and trace files to [email protected] with the reference number "03562921".

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files:
                              • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to "Documents" > Open the "NinjaTrader 7/8" folder
                              • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron