Index and VIX data feed for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index and VIX data feed for NT8

where does everyone go to get there index and VIX (not VX)? I have been reading that NT don't let us use it here at NT but I don't really know because I'm new to the platform. I called the other day and all I was told by the lady I talked to was that they don't have a VIX feed. I thought this was part of the CBOE but I guess I'm wrong on that as well.

Hello Egunthel,

Thank you for your post.

Kinetick has been optimized to be the fastest, most stable, and most affordable data solution for the NinjaTrader platform. The Basic Service package for $69/month is our base fee for receiving market data and real-time exchange fees can be added individually to suit your trading needs.​

You will need to add the CBOE Indexes to your Kinetick subscription for $7.50/month in order to receive data for ^VIX.

You can find more information as well as how to subscribe below:

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using the continuum feed (CME group) with NinjaTrader Brokerage. What kind of data feed do I need to add to plot VIX data on a chart in real time?
      Thanks.

Comment

Hello Berry Trader,

Thank you for the response.

^VIX is supported and part of that CBOE market data indices package. Please let me know if you have additional questions. ​

Comment

When I choose New --> Chart and select ^VIX as the instrument, the chart populates up to that moment of creation, but does not continue filling data as time passes. My other charts seem fine. If I disconnect and reconnect, the ^VIX chart catches up again, but does not fill in real time.
          I've reboot my machine and restarted NT8. The error log says "Failed to resolve intrument for market data: VIX is not enabled for real-time quotes and trading."

Comment

Hello Berry Trader,

Thank you for your post.

This error indicates that you are not enabled for the CBOE Indexes with your Kinetick subscription. You will need to add the CBOE Indexes to your Kinetick subscription for $7.50/month in order to receive data for ^VIX.

In order to add this, please write into support[AT]kinetick[DOT]com .

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

​​

Comment

I don't have any kinetick feed. I buy my subscriptions (CME GROUP) through the NinjaTrader Brokerage website and my NinjaTrader connection is via continuum. The CME group description says " Includes all products from CBOT, CME, COMEX and NYMEX exchanges." There is an option to subscribe to CBOE level I, but when I click on the "view all products" button, I just get a blank pop up window. Is that CBOE level I the one I want?
              Thanks.

Comment

Hello Berry Trader,

^VIX would be part of the CBOE market data indices package in the NinjaTrader Client Portal.

Please let us know if you have additional questions!
                Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have this working now during RTH. Is the VIX data available during ETH, and if so. what settings might I choose from the trading hours drop list? I currently have it set to <use instrument settings> Thanks for your help with all of this.
                  Last edited by Berry Trader; 02-16-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Hello Berry Trader,

You can set the Trading Hours template to CME US Index Futures ETH if you wish to view the data during ETH (this trading hours template has the hours of 5pm to 4pm CST). If you're curious about the hours that a trading hours template has, you can always go to Tools > Trading Hours > Select the template from the left to view what hours it is set to.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed!
                    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Followup. I added CBOE Top of Book (Level 1) for $15 month and I get ^VIX From 2 a.m. to 3 pm CST. What data feed do I need to purchase to get VX, NDX, OVX, etc... in real time.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Or perhaps I'm looking for ^NDX ^OVX, etc.. Further information: I don't intend to trade these, I just want to see the data in real time, when it is available.

Comment

When I try to add ^OVX to the indices dialog box, I get "Invalid Instrument name." When I type volatility in the search bar, nothing comes up for OVX.

Comment

Hello Berry Trader,

Thanks for your note.

If you are subscribed to the CBOE market data indices package in the NinjaTrader Client Portal then you would receive realtime data for this instrument.

'OVX' is not in NinjaTrader's database by default, however, you can add this instrument to the database by following the steps noted on the forum thread below.

To receive realtime data for the NDX instrument you would need to subscript to the NASDAQ OMX Global data feed subscription in the NinjaTrader Dashboard.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
                            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I didn’t wanted to create new post thats why wrote in this due to similar question.

What instruments are included for CBOE data feed for 15$ month, as in client portal list is not available?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post poplagelu  
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder