Unfilled order during a PC crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfilled order during a PC crash?

Today the power went out at my house while I was trading, I wasn't in a trade at the time but I'm curious if i was in one, what happens to my trade orders during a crash?
    From what I understand, if I'm already IN a trade using ATM strategies but neither my profit target nor the stop loss line is touched yet and my PC shuts down, those exit orders are still active and will still be filled if touched right?
    What about entry orders not yet filled before a crash? Let's say I prepared an entry order with ATM but placed it far away (40 ticks above) from the current prices, and I was getting ready to drag that order down to have it triggered, but before I could do that the PC crashes. Is that entry order 40 ticks above still active and would trigger if touched? Or no?

Hello stormcloudseven,

Once live account orders receive an 'Accepted' or 'Working' state, they reside at the broker/exchange. If NinjaTrader is shut down or disconnected, these orders still execute as per market dynamics. You can view the order state in the Control Center-->Orders-tab, State column. More information can be found at the link below.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rs_reside_.htm

If OCO functionality is not supported on the broker servers but on your local PC, then NinjaTrader needs to be running and connected to send the cancellation request of the remaining OCO order when one of the OCO orders fills.

ATM strategies submit stop loss and profit target orders once the entry order fills. If your entry order fills while NinjaTrader is not running or connected, it can't submit the stop loss and profit target orders. NinjaTrader needs to be running and connected when the entry order fills to submit ATM orders.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AaronKoRn  
    Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes