Error on requesting bars series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on requesting bars series

Just purchased an indicator and I am getting this error when trying to apply it to a chart. Indicator company says it is on NT side. Please help with this. thanks
    Attached Files

Hello Touch-Ups,

Can you please tell me how the NinjaTrader platform is causing the error according to the 3rd party vendor. I'm not sure how the indicator works or how it needs to be configured.

Does the indicator have settings to enter a From and To date?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The indicator is from Top Dog Trading. It looks like your typical indicator. There are not any date inputs (not from the user side). They do not have any explanation. They just blame NT. They do have the indicator made for 4 different platforms and have been selling it for years. No known problems according to them. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the indicator. Have restarted NT. Tried different charts. Tried sim, real, and playback. All the same.

Comment

Can you please troubleshoot the issue with the 3rd party vendor. They created the indicator and are the best party to address any issues with it. As mentioned, I don't know how this indicators works or how you need to configure it.

I assume you don't experience this error message with any of the default indicators of NinjaTrader.

If they say this is an issue of the NinjaTrader platform, please have them contact us with an explanation how the NinjaTrader platform is causing this indicator not to work.

Comment

What fundamental coding process would cause this error? This is a specific error that NT is throwing up for some reason. What is it? Now I am caught in a he said/she said with this thing. I think it is safe to say that the vendor has not ran into this problem in the previous several years and thousands of times they have sold this indicator.

Comment

The error informs the From date needs to be smaller (earlier) than the To date. There are no settings in NinjaTrader 8 to configure a From and To date in charts. Charts load historical data as per the 'End date' and 'Days to load' settings in the Data Series menu of the chart. I'm not sure why this indicator requires a From and To date. Again, we did not create this indicator. I don't know how it works or how it needs to be configured. If the vendor says the issue is caused by the NinjaTrader platform, please have them contact us with an explanation on how NinjaTrader is causing the issue with this indicator, so we can look into it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Trader146, 03-29-2024, 01:22 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Trader146  
            Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes