2 Contract Scalp Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Contract Scalp Strategy

I have been trying to figure out an ATM strategy settings for the following. Open a position with 2 contracts both with a stop loss of 40 ticks. first contract takes profit at 40 ticks. Stop loss for second contract moves to +40 tick profit level (so 2nd contract cant lose money) and has a take profit at an additional 30 ticks. I can get everything working minus the stop of the runner moving to the +40 tick level of the scalp so that the runner doesnt have a chance of losing any of its 40 tick profit.
    Last edited by astpmanpost; 11-19-2022, 09:47 PM.

Hello astpmanpost,

You would configure the Auto Breakeven for 'Target 2' as follows.

Profit Trigger: 40
    Plus: 40

However this can result in a stop loss order rejection. If the market goes back down after the 40 tick profit is reached and before the stop loss order modification arrives at the broker/exchange, the stop loss order is rejected. If you enter a lower value than 40 for Plus in the Auto Breakeven, you will reduce the chance of a stop loss order rejection. You could also use a higher value for 'Profit Trigger'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So your example still doesn't accomplish what I need to do, the main point is with the runner. After the 2 contracts scalp out at 40 ticks profit I would like the runner to continue on to an additional 30 tick profit but for the stop loss to be moved up to the 40 tick profit line so the runner doesn't have a chance to loose any of the original 40 tick profit. I believe i was finally able to figure it out with the ATM strategy that i have attached. I just used it in SIM and in a trade and it worked. If you could look at it for me and let me know if I'm right in thinking it accomplishes what i was asking?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by astpmanpost; 11-21-2022, 09:42 AM.

Comment

At 40 ticks in profit, the stop loss of 'Target 2' will be adjusted to 30 ticks in profit with the settings in your screenshot.

If you want to modify it to 40 ticks in profit, you need to enter a value of 40 in the Plus field. However if the market goes 1 tick in the opposite direction before the order modification arrives at the broker/exchange, the stop loss order will be rejected.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand now, thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rhyminkevin  
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47