Adding Swedish OMX30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Swedish OMX30

Hi! Been using NT8 for ES and MNQ but would now like to add the Swedish index, OMX30. How do I proceed to get this working?

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Viktor​

You would need a Ninjatrader data feed that includes Swe OMX30. As far as I know, this is not possible. I think there is an old thread somewhere about asking NT to integrate with Nordic brokerages Avanza or Nordnet but I wouldn't get my hopes up on this ever getting priority. NT hardly focuses on the EU market at all.

Comment

Hello Borgen,

Thank you for the response.

You would need to connect to a supported broker/data feed that provides data for this futures instrument. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which shows supported providers and what data they support. Unfortunately we don't have information listed whether the Swedish index futures is supported.

Please check this with the broker/data feed.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
      • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
      • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
      • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
      • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.
      The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
      • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
      • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
      • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
      • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.
      Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. ​
      Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you both for replying. Spoke to Nordnet who neither of them seems to have any interest in creating a gateway as they have their own brokerage and trading platform. I'm guessing you are Swedish as well Borgen? Preferably an ISK account would have been good to have for tax purposes, but I can´t see how that would work. Have you figured out any smart solution in terms of simplifying declaration of possible profits as well as beneficial taxation?

Take care,
        Viktor

Comment

Originally posted by Viggeviking View Post
          Thank you both for replying. Spoke to Nordnet who neither of them seems to have any interest in creating a gateway as they have their own brokerage and trading platform. I'm guessing you are Swedish as well Borgen? Preferably an ISK account would have been good to have for tax purposes, but I can´t see how that would work. Have you figured out any smart solution in terms of simplifying declaration of possible profits as well as beneficial taxation?

Take care,
          Viktor

I would love to see NT provide more options for the EU market or at least some sort of collaboration with perhaps IG Markets (which you can find in both the US and EU). Right now you are limited to just FXCM and they are mainly Forex (and if you trade Forex you might as well use Metatrader since there are more brokerage options in EU).

If you are in Sweden, IG Markets can probably setup an ISK account for you since they have a brokerage there. It's not really optimal to trade from EU towards US servers due to latency, but if you don't mind that then I guess it's fine.

For taxes you need to just send in a copy of your trades like you would normally. There is no simplified version I'm afraid.

Unfortunately if you want to use NT, you would need to focus on the US markets (with very limited options for brokerages). I only use NT for coding indicators for others and myself. so I don't actually use it for live trading (I use the Metatrader platform for that).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post burtoninlondon  
          Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post AaronKoRn