Simulated data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated data feed

Hello, I would like to know which data provider I have to contract to obtain the same data that is downloaded when I connect to the simulated data feed and load the ^Tick symbol.
    Thank you​

Hello juanfer,

Thank you very much for your post.

The "Simulated Datafeed" produces fake market data directly on your PC. As such, its data would not be comparable to any provider.

To receive real-time data, please connect to any supported provider that supplies this instrument, e.g. NinjaTrader Continuum or Kinetick.

For a full list of supported providers, please see the list below:

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
      Hello juanfer,

Thank you very much for your post.

The "Simulated Datafeed" produces fake market data directly on your PC. As such, its data would not be comparable to any provider.

To receive real-time data, please connect to any supported provider that supplies this instrument, e.g. NinjaTrader Continuum or Kinetick.

For a full list of supported providers, please see the list below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
      Hello,
      do you mean they are random?
      Those of the Nasdaq Futures for the historical almost all coincide with my provider, that's why I thought that these data were taken from some provider when they coincided, I can't believe it was a coincidence.
      Thank you​

Comment

Hello juanfer,

Thank you very much for your reply.

What the Simulated Datafeed does is use the last recorded price (e.g. if you were connected to a provider that supplied this), and then continue with 'fake' data created directly on your local PC.

As this would leave it to start off at a comparable level, it is possible for it to appear identical for quite some time, depending on the market movement.

Once you disconnect from the Simulated Datafeed and reconnect to one providing real-time or historical data, this information would then be overwritten with what occurred, bringing the chart up to date again.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!

Comment

Hello, if, while connected to the simulated data, I download the symbol history that I did not have, which is my case, where does this data come from? They are invented or random, or they are from a provider.
          From this ^Tick symbol, I did not have previous data, and I downloaded it while connected to the simulated data feed, to obtain several days ago.
          Thank you​

Comment

Hello juanfer,

It would not be possible to download Historical Data if connected to the Simulated Datafeed. This would only work if you are connected to a provider that also provides data for this instrument.

Market Replay data, however, is always downloaded from NinjaTrader's servers. This means that regardless of which connection you are connected to, Market Replay would always be identical.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!

Comment

Ok, so the market replay data is from which provider?

Comment

Hello juanfer,

The Market Replay data is recorded on our servers from live CQG data. This is why it is only available for CQG-traded Futures contracts.

Please let me know, should you have any further questions!

Comment

Hello,
                  That's what the provider of this data wanted to know.
                  Thank you very much for your help​​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post AaronKoRn  
                  Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes