Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy at a certain price w/ a stop loss, and repeat action if stop loss is activated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy at a certain price w/ a stop loss, and repeat action if stop loss is activated?

I want to place a stop limit buy order with a stop loss once I have the position, and if I am out of the position because the stop loss is triggered I can automatically renter position if it reaches price point again?

For Example:

Lets assume current ES price is 390 and I place a buy stop limit order to enter ES future at 4000, and then have stop loss at 3999, and then price hits 4000 and it buys, then it hits 3999 and then it sells, however now I have no position, and then price hits 4000 again I would like for it to buy that position again with same stop loss at 3999. So basically if it hits $4000 i want to own that position for x number of contracts and if it falls below 3999 it automatically pulls me out.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

ATM Strategies will allow you to have Stop Loss and Profit Target orders placed automatically once an Entry order Fills.
    These orders will act as OCO (One Cancels the Other) orders, meaning that once either your Profit Target or Stop Loss order(s) are filled, the other will be automatically canceled.

Within ATM Strategies, you may also create Stop Strategies which allow you to have your Stop Loss orders Auto Breakeven or Auto Trail at specified triggers.

We always recommend practicing your ATM Strategies on the Sim101 account to ensure that they behave how you are expecting. Connecting to the Simulated Data Feed will allow you to Trend the market in a specific direction to quickly and easily test your strategies.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide Links, for your reference:

I have also provided links below to a couple of ATM Strategy webinars from our publicly available YouTube Channel. These videos provide complete walkthroughs of ATM Strategies and Stop Strategies. I highly recommend watching and following along with the examples from these videos on your own platform to become comfortable with ATM Strategies.

NinjaTrader YouTube — ATM 201: ATM Strategy Basics & ATM 301: ATM Strategy Advanced Settings

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AaronKoRn  
    Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post carnitron