Getting NT on same contract as Tradestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting NT on same contract as Tradestation

Click image for larger version  Name:	NTLEMarketAnalyzer.png Views:	0 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	1222941
    I am still struggling to understand how to get contracts from my two platforms in sync. Here is a snip of my NT market analyzer, which shows the LE (Live Cattle) quote and underneath it is the Tradestation app that is sending the price quotes to NT via external data feed. I have @LC mapped to LE. As you can see, the current contract for TS is December(Z), but NT is on 02-23.
    What change do I need to make to put NT on the same months as the @LC symbol in Tradestation.

HI Atomic, thanks for posting. The LE contract in the NinjaTrader database rolled over on November the 8th, so February is the correct contract to use. Its possible TradeStation has not rolled over this contract yet, you would need to test in TradeStation on how to load up the February contract or roll it over in that platform.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      HI Atomic, thanks for posting. The LE contract in the NinjaTrader database rolled over on November the 8th, so February is the correct contract to use. Its possible TradeStation has not rolled over this contract yet, you would need to test in TradeStation on how to load up the February contract or roll it over in that platform.

Kind regards,
      -ChrisL
      Yes, thanks. I understand TS and NT are not on the same schedule for rollover. My question is really how to configure NT so that my TS external feed will map to the same contract that TS is on.
      One way, of course, would be to change my TS data feed to use the same contract that NT is on, but this means I can't use the continuous contract in TS; somewhat inconvenient for the way I work.

I'm also noting that for TS external feed symbols, you must map using LC and not @LC as I stated in my OP.

Comment

Hi Atomic, thanks for the follow up. The TradeStation external DLL connection type is only supported in NinjaTrader 7. Unfortunately, we have no information on this setup for TradeStation connecting to NinjaTrader 8 and are not able to provide support for this in NinjaTrader 8.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL

Comment

Hi Atomic, thanks for the follow up. The TradeStation external DLL connection type is only supported in NinjaTrader 7. Unfortunately, we have no information on this setup for TradeStation connecting to NinjaTrader 8 and are not able to provide support for this in NinjaTrader 8.

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL
          I think my question is really about the external data feed, for which I refer you to this from the NT help guide:
          The native C/C++ DLL Interface functions are contained in NTDirect.dll located in the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 folder. The .net managed DLL Interface functions are contained in NTDirect.dll located in the C:\Program Files(X86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NinjaTrader.Client.DLL.

Is this not supported?

Comment

Hi Atomic, thanks for the follow up. The NTDirect.dll is supported but the third party applications that are implemented from it are not. The original developer of the connection would need to fix this issue. We have some examples here showing how one might implement their own external data feed.

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL

Comment

Hi Atomic, thanks for the follow up. The NTDirect.dll is supported but the third party applications that are implemented from it are not. The original developer of the connection would need to fix this issue. We have some examples here showing how one might implement their own external data feed.

Kind regards,
              -ChrisL
              I'm not sure anything needs to be fixed, as this is my real question:
              My question is really how to configure NT so that my TS external feed will map to the same contract that TS is on,
              or how do I set the mapping in NT so that the external data feed goes to a symbol of my choosing rather than
              what is more or less the default front month symbol for NT?

Comment

Hi Atomic, thanks for the follow up. In the platform, you can type in the contract you want to chart out e.g. I can type "MES 12-22" into the chart and that contract will be loaded, you can do this for prior contracts as well.

Kind regards,
                -ChrisL

Comment

Hi Atomic, thanks for the follow up. In the platform, you can type in the contract you want to chart out e.g. I can type "MES 12-22" into the chart and that contract will be loaded, you can do this for prior contracts as well.

Kind regards,
                  -ChrisL
                  It seems that what I needed was to simply edit the rollover date for the contract of interest so that it is on the same schedule as the TS rollover.

Is there any way to set rollover dates programmatically on the NT side?
                  Last edited by Atomic; 11-16-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Unfortunately, there is not a supported or documented way of updating the settings of an instrument in the NinjaTrader database.

These are designed to be updated manually.
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post JoMoon2024  
                    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes