Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart & PnL showing different than how my orders are getting filled

Hi!
    I’ve had this problem now a few days since I started live trading.
    As the first pic shows I hit the first two targets (8 & 12 ticks) as I should but the chart or PnL are not anywhere close to that price. (9 seconds later the chart and PnL get to 8 ticks)
    In the second pic my last two stop orders get filled even though the price was at the highest and it should stop it only if it comes down 6 ticks (ATM). It didn’t come to my stop price, instead it climbed up to 17 ticks but my PnL & chart were showing me that I was already out of the trade. The moment they got filled my chart and PnL were showing me that I’m up 10 ticks (highest) but I got knocked out with only 4 ticks.
    Third picture is 2 second chart after the trade which looks very different than how the 1min chart was moving during the trade. Based on this chart I would’ve been up 17 ticks at the highest so my ATM should’ve stopped me at 11 ticks. But I was already out before the price even got up to 17 ticks.
    4-5 pics are my ATM

So are the chart and PnL showing something different than where the actual price is moving or how are my orders getting filled all over the place? Is there something wrong with my ATM?

I hope you understand what I’m trying to say and thank you for your help,
    Emilia

Hello Emilia,

Unfortunately I can't view the screenshots somehow. When I click on them, it does not show them.

I suspect you experience a chart rendering issue. Unrealized PnL is calculated using your position price and the last traded price. When you experience a chart rendering issue, the last traded price is delayed. This is in turn affects unrealized PnL.

Can you please select the same instrument in a SuperDOM or T&S window and compare it to the chart. If the last traded price is the same in the SuperDOM and T&S window, but the chart reports a different last traded price, it indicates a chart rendering issue.

You could also compare the last traded price in the chart with the bid and ask prices in ChartTrader. The bid and ask price of ChartTrader are not affected if you experience a chart rendering issue, only the last traded price in the chart.

If you experience a chart rendering issue, please create a brand new chart for the instrument in question without a chart template. Perform a test trade in the Sim101 account and check if the issue persists. If not, please add indicators and add-ons that are normally applied one by one. Check each time if the chart still receives the last traded price as expected by comparing it to the last traded price in a SuperDOM or T&S window after adding each indicator or add-on.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jason Re image viewing issue, please see this: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...splay-problems

NinjaTrader_Manfred Any progress on this?

Thanks.​
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

I had this issue too a long time ago. I had other workstations running that I wasn't using, back when I didn't realize I had to have them all closed except for the one I'm using.
        Or it was also too many indicators in the 'on each tick' instead of 'on the bar close' and too many days in look back period, too many charts opened that I didn't need. Bogs down with too much data demand. And it took FOREVER to open up, but that was why. Totally fixed it. My 2 cents.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post burtoninlondon  
        Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AaronKoRn