Problem removing a simulated account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem removing a simulated account

I'm trying to remove a simulated account that I did not even make myself (it randomly showed up after I connected a brokerage account to my NinjaTrader), and now every time I connect to my "NinjaTrader Continuum" simulated data connection, this weird account shows up again. When I right-click on it to remove it, I get the error "You must be disconnected to remove the account", but once I disconnect, the account disappears from my list of accounts! How can I get rid of this unintendedly created simulation account?!

Thanks!
    Last edited by rezamerik; 11-03-2022, 02:24 PM.

Hello rezamerik,

Thank you for your post!

We advise that you rename your database to resolve this using the following steps:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8 > db > "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
    To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader:Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses