Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Interactive Brokers changes to Exchange Names - Problems with Ninja execution at IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers changes to Exchange Names - Problems with Ninja execution at IB

Interactive Brokers are in the process of changing their "Exchange Names" - see text from IB below. They have changed the ZAR exchange name (and three others) already and it appears that we cannot now route a ZAR order through Ninja to IB. The rest of the CME symbols are going to be changed over the next two weeks. Is this going to require an update from Ninja to the symbols so that Ninja will continue to work with IB on these instruments? Is there any way of us changing these exchange names within Ninja to reflect the new exchange name and keep it working?

This is what IB are saying (from their email to customers):

Please note that Interactive Brokers is completing an effort to update and consolidate exchange names where appropriate. When this effort is complete, the following updates will be in effect:
    • GLOBEX and CMECRYPTO will be consolidated to a single exchange, ‘CME’
    • ECBOT will be updated to ‘CBOT’
    • COMEX listed metals (previously reflected as NYMEX) will be updated to exchange ‘COMEX’
    • NYMEX, no change
    Given the wide breadth of products involved, we are migrating in four waves based on underlying products:
    Key Effective Trade Date Products
    Wave 1 October 30, 2022 GLOBEX: ZAR, LB, DA, IXE
    Wave 2 November 6, 2022 GLOBEX: EMD, BRE, CHF, SOFR3, E7, NKD
    CMECRYPTO: BTCEURRR, ETHEURRR, MET
    Wave 3 November 13, 2022 GLOBEX: All remaining products
    CMECRYPTO: All remaining products
    ECBOT: ZO, ZR, 2YY, 30Y
    NYMEX: ALI, QI, QC
    Thanks

​​​

Please could someone at Ninja reply to this post. It is important that, if this is a problem, it is addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks

Comment

Hello abarnes,

Thank you for your post.

We are currently investigating this matter and will follow up as soon as we are able.

Thank you for your patience.
      Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Spencer - Could you please give an update as the remaining products of "Interactive Brokers Exchange Names" were updated on the 13th of November and this morning I have the following message in the log - "IB was unable to locate instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument MNQ 12-22 Globex"?
        I'm currently using TWS 981.3i - Do I need to update the Interactive Brokers TWS or is there an update required in NT8 Tools - Data Management?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Yeah you guys need to update the instruments affected to reflect the new exchange names. I've tried updating manually them from "Globex" to "ClearPort (CME)", and "Default", but they do not work.

Comment

Originally posted by hothomas View Post
            I've tried updating manually them from "Globex" to "ClearPort (CME)", and "Default", but they do not work.
            Same result for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hothomas View Post
              ...I've tried updating manually them from "Globex" to "ClearPort (CME)", and "Default", but they do not work.
              Same result for me. Any support from Ninjatrader to resolve the problem?

Comment

I am having the same issue. Can somebody from Ninjatrader please help?

Comment

Thanks for fixing it.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you all for your posts.

This item should be resolved, however please let me know of any specific instruments that are still not working as expected with regards to this change.

Comment

ES (e-mini S&P) and MES doesn't seem to work for me. I get the "Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instruments ES 12-22 Globex" message.

Comment

Hello ericmacd,

Thank you for your post.

Resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
                        1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
                        2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                        3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
                        4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
                        ​If the above steps do not resolve this message you are receiving then please ensure you are using the correct version of Interactive Brokers software as listed in our Connection Guide below:

Comment

Ok, resetting seems to work.. Thank you! Interestingly one side effect is that if I have a chart open and right click in the chart and go to Reload All Historical Data the chart only reloads the last couple minutes of data?

Comment

Hello ericmacd,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference this forum post in the body of the email and ATTN Spencer F.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post AaronKoRn  
                            Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes