Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DxFeed Symbol Mapping with Interactive brokers

Hello,

So I have the DxFeed as a data feed for trading stocks in NinjaTrader as IBKR as my broker. I followed the steps to import the stock symbols as listed on the DxFeed support page https://dxfeed-retail.zendesk.com/hc...ed-NinjaTrader

But the symbols imported have "_DXFEED" postfix in the instrument list. I have to manually remove the postfix and update the symbol mapping for Interactive Brokers

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	244
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1221027

Is there a way to mass update these symbol mapping for the affected instruments(120K) directly in Ninjatrader ?

I tried querying the ninjatrader 8 .sdf database but couldn't find any relationship with the MasterInstruments with the symbol mapping.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hello DeltaTraderX,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that our troubleshooting with 3rd party add-ons is limited and we advise reaching out to the Developer as they will be expert on their piece of software.

Unfortunately, the only native way to accomplish this would be to either manually change the symbol mapping for each instrument you wish to use with IB or to use a new database and add back the instruments for DxFeed individually.

To create a new database you may follow the steps below:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

​​
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for responding back. I'll reach out to DxFeed support with your reply.

But just for my information where is the symbol mapping stored in NinjaTrader? I observed that when I change the symbol mapping for a particular instrument the only updated value is in the 'version' column in the MasterInstruments table.

I see no other changes or any definition of versions. e.g. AMZ_DXFEED was modified and the version number updated to '-7135' whereas BABA_DXFEED which has not been updated is still in version '1'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	189
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1221109
      Please advise

Thanks

Comment

Hello DeltaTraderX,

Thank you for your post.

Instrument settings are held within the NinjaTrader Database file and changes may be made by going to the Instruments window within NinjaTrader.

From your screenshot it appears you are using a 3rd party software to open the database file which is unsupported and we will not be able to directly assist with.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes