Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Same Machine ID on 2 different dedicated servers (VPS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Machine ID on 2 different dedicated servers (VPS)

I have 2 dedicated VPS servers that I am trying to license 3rd party add ons.

I did a fresh install of NT8 directly from https://ninjatrader.com on the new 2nd dedicated server.

For some reason, the machine ID is exactly the same as my first dedicated server - and so it is messing up the ability to license and use the 3rd party add-ons since it is generating an error that "this machine ID is already licensed"

I have checked with my host, and they assure me they are completely different dedicated machines, with different IP addresses etc...

How can this be? And How can I get a new machine ID for the 2nd machine so that I can license these 3rd party add ons?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.).

You will need to address it with your VPS provider, who should be able to narrow down how to get it to differentiate.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ftsc2022 View Post
      I have 2 dedicated VPS servers that I am trying to license 3rd party add ons.

I did a fresh install of NT8 directly from https://ninjatrader.com on the new 2nd dedicated server.

For some reason, the machine ID is exactly the same as my first dedicated server - and so it is messing up the ability to license and use the 3rd party add-ons since it is generating an error that "this machine ID is already licensed"

I have checked with my host, and they assure me they are completely different dedicated machines, with different IP addresses etc...

How can this be? And How can I get a new machine ID for the 2nd machine so that I can license these 3rd party add ons?
      We can set you up with a 2nd machine with a different machine ID, take a look at the options here and reach out if you have any questions: https://ninjamobiletrader.com/index.html#download
      Vendor_NT_Mobile
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

I understand the frustration you're facing with the machine ID issue on your dedicated servers. It's indeed puzzling that despite having different servers, you're encountering the same machine ID problem. Have you tried contacting NinjaTrader support to see if they can provide any insights or assistance in resolving this issue?
        While you're working on resolving the licensing problem, it might also be worth exploring other avenues for computing solutions. This company specializes in Federal & Military Computer Solutions, offering secure and reliable systems tailored for various applications. Their expertise in providing robust computing solutions could potentially offer insights or alternative approaches to address your licensing challenges.​
        Last edited by SonnyVelez; 03-18-2024, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyVelez View Post
          I understand the frustration you're facing with the machine ID issue on your dedicated servers. It's indeed puzzling that despite having different servers, you're encountering the same machine ID problem. Have you tried contacting NinjaTrader support to see if they can provide any insights or assistance in resolving this issue?​
          The issue is that with identical hardware you will have identical machine ID's. NinjaTrader support has no control over that.
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          1 response