Downloading historical data - can't access older futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading historical data - can't access older futures

When I go to download historical data, I can only do so for current futures, or certain expired futures that I've used in the past. If I want to access futures data further back, how do I add them to the selection for historical data download?

Thanks!

Hello out of the money,

Thank you for your note.

You will first need to be connected to a Data Feed provider. Please note that the available data will depend on who you are connected to.

Below I have included a link to our NinjaTrader Help Guide on manually downloading Historical Data:
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been able to replicate the steps in the guide, but the issue has been which futures are available. I am connected to a data feed, but in the 'Load' tab, there aren't many futures available to me in the 'Instrument' dropdown. How do I add other futures to the dropdown?

Comment

I'll expand this to include stocks too, I'd love to know how to add stocks to the available instruments for downloading historical data

Comment

Hello out of the money,

Thank you for your note.

So that I may better assist, who are you connected to?

In regards to the drop down menu you may adjust the Instruments lists to your liking by using the Instruments List window under the Control Center > Tools > Instrument Lists.

You may also type directing in the Instrument Selector to use the quick search function to search the entire NinjaTrader database.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Spencer View Post
            Hello out of the money,

Thank you for your note.

So that I may better assist, who are you connected to?

In regards to the drop down menu you may adjust the Instruments lists to your liking by using the Instruments List window under the Control Center > Tools > Instrument Lists.

You may also type directing in the Instrument Selector to use the quick search function to search the entire NinjaTrader database.
            Thanks for getting back to me, I am connected to Ninjatrader Continuum. I tried what you said but still was only able to find current futures. To be specific, I started trading MES within the past month (using 12-22), and wanted to download historical data for MES 9-22, 6-22, etc. and work my way backwards. But when I want to export historical data for the expired MES futures, there is no option to select them (also not in the 'Tools' section). The only expired futures that show up as options are ES and CL futures that I used to trade.

Comment

Hello out of the money,

Thank you for your post.

Below I have included a short video explanation:Note that I did use the ES, however the MES will function just the same.

If you are still experiencing the same after following along with the video then please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please provide the following in the body of the email: Forum Post 03429698 ATTN Spencer F.

Comment

That worked, thank you! I guess I just needed to download first before it became available for export.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses