Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Editing gradient color of highlightedMenuItems causes unwanted text color change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing gradient color of highlightedMenuItems causes unwanted text color change

I made a very small change to a Skin template file which should have been unrelated to the text color of the SharkIndicators Bloodhound file displayed in the top bar of a chart. but my change seems to result in that text color changing from white to black. This becomes unreadable when the chart has focus (becoming basically black on black). The following diff image show what I changed and the next image shows the results (both wanted and unwanted). Not sure if this is an NT problem or a Shark Indicators problem.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	only change.png Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	1220782
    Click image for larger version  Name:	menuColor change.png Views:	0 Size:	379.8 KB ID:	1220783

Hello scenewright,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to reach out to SharkIndicators directly regarding the behavior of their AddOn when a skin file is modified in NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Brandon,
      So just confirming, you're saying the AddOn is in control of that text color attribute. Is there any API call that they can use to get the color NT would use in that case based on the Skin selected?

Comment

Hello scenewright,

Thanks for your note.

Since this AddOn was created by a third-party developer and not by NinjaTrader, we would not be able to determine exactly how the AddOn controls or sets the color of text that it displays on NinjaTrader window(s).

SharkIndicators must be contacted directly for more information about how their indicator functions when a NinjaTrader skin file is modified to change the color of an item. They should be able to provide you with further detail about how the AddOn displays text on the NinjaTrader window(s). Note that there is no supported method or function to get the default color of the text that NinjaTrader would use. The third-party developer would need to program their AddOn to render text in a readable color.

Let me know if I may further assist.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Javierw.ok  
        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
        2 responses