Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrolling cause lagging and crashing

hello support team

i have an issue with nt8 since the beginning when I start using it 3 months ago, the issue is this

whenever scroll back and forth I notice the chart sensitive and start lagging and freezing on cursor, but it gets 10 times worse on crosshair to a level it stops responding and crashing not only the chart but the platform i have to exit it sometimes force exit then reopen.

now this is not something to ignore since it's affecting the main purpose of using it, do you have any solutions like updates or previous version with less lagging and crashing while scrolling?

what scares me if i run this on vps and frozen or crashing if i touch it to review trades or if it crashes by itself... the version I'm using is the latest release (NinjaTrader 8 v.8.0.26.1 L 1033 CP 1252)

I hope to hear solution to this
    Last edited by futureszone; 10-19-2022, 11:03 AM.

First, I highly recommend going through our Performance Tips, which outline all the best methods for reliable performance from NinjaTrader on any computer.

Be sure to install all available updates for your PC from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page as well. Manually check for updates here, and reboot your PC after any are installed.

If you are using any 3rd-party add-ons, please keep in mind that we do not control how well they will perform and that the more you ask of NinjaTrader to load on your charts, the more it pushes your PC which may result in freezing or lagging behavior.

You may also clear old historical and cache data by doing the following:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader 8
    • Go to the 'Documents/NinjaTrader 8/db' folder on your computer
    • Remove the files within the 'cache', 'day', 'minute', and 'tick' folders
    • Important: Do not remove any other files within the NinjaTrader 8 Documents folder
    When you restart NinjaTrader 8, you may notice a slightly longer initial load time as all historical data on your charts is re-downloaded, but your overall performance should be better.​

Comment

Hello ChristianN

i see the performance tips 1-9 not apply to me but 10-20 seems very related to my settings and performance, I'm going to apply them on settings and see how it performs. also, historical and cache data removal after shutdown is first time to do.

i hope this should solve it, many thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Option Whisperer  
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
      0 responses
      1 view