Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 Stop Loading any of Custom indicators or Templates

Dear Support,

The last time logged in on 10/15/2022 I had no issues with NT 8. Today, when I log in only the default NT8 loads nothing custom (indicators, templates of anything) will load. I have not changed configuration or location of default files. I checked log file, here is an example for one item that fails to load:

"Failed to restore Drawing Tool 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalRa y'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Drawing Tool no longer is there."

I have not changed or renamed anything. Any help please.

Manay thanks.

Edit: Also, I tried to import my last Backups for 10/13 and 10/14. They are not imported and I get to following error:
    "Restore Backup Archive Error"

Critical respond needed please.
    Last edited by aligator; 10-18-2022, 11:57 AM.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post!

With the error:
    "Failed to restore Drawing Tool 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalRa y'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Drawing Tool no longer is there."

This occurs if there was an object that was saved in the workspace and then the object was removed from NinjaTrader. This means it cannot load with the workspace.

If you re-save the workspace does the error still occur?

Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kennedy View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post!

With the error:

This occurs if there was an object that was saved in the workspace and then the object was removed from NinjaTrader. This means it cannot load with the workspace.

If you re-save the workspace does the error still occur?

Thanks NinjaTrader_Kennedy,

The problem is the Workespace has all the custom items missing, so It is useless to save and reopen it again.

Two recent Log files had these error identified. So, I kind of hack the solution by importing an older Backup file and the issue was resolved. I did loose some historical data and recent coding projects, but I needed to stay active with my positions' analyses.

I have never had this issue before and wondering why NT8 could not find the location of custom objects in my default custom files location. I have not made any changes to custom file locations.

Regardless, The issue is resolved for now. The question renains if there is anywhere in the Help documentation discussing errors of this nature,

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 11:35 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by samish18, Today, 11:26 AM
      0 responses
      1 view