Question about reloading tick charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about reloading tick charts

I understand that tick chart data can be tricky when comparing actual chart data and market replay because of the way the bars are constructed.

I'm currently running an optimization on a semi-automated strategy and depending on how the data is loaded, one particular trigger either happens on one bar or the next. This is totally fine and expected behavior from the platform.

When I load the chart the trigger is on the bar I'd like to examine, but when I load market replay it switches.

I've been reloading the market replay data to different starting seconds but at no point (and I've tested about a hundred starting seconds) have I been able to get the chart to form the way it forms when it is initially loaded (which is also how it loaded using realtime data)

I've tried clearing the cache (tick and minute then reloading), I've tried market replay data from ninja servers and also historical tick and bid/ask data from CQG (via continuum).

Before I give up and accept that I can't get replay to render the chart the way it did live (and the way it does upon loading), I figured I'd make a post about it here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Hello,

Utilizing tick replay may get you closer to real time bar data, but would still not be identical. Also note you may need to edit your strategy's logic to utilize tick replay.

To enable tick replay go to Tools>Market Data and enable the tick replay option. Then go to your chart and open the data series menu to show tick replay on that particular chart.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll definitely give tick replay a shot this weekend thanks.

When I was doing that testing I was able to get most of the triggers to line up with what I saw real-time by adjusting the start second until the triggers matched. It was just this one particular instance.

Hopefully tick replay will do the trick!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post emuns