New member - License Key activation - process and restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member - License Key activation - process and restrictions

I've searched the forum for my solutions to my question which I feel like would be a FAQ. Didn't find it. Right now I'm NOT on my primary computer. My questions are in regards to activating a license key:

1. If I log in and activate my key will it allow me to log in from various computers(NOT simultaneously) under the same license?
    2. Or does that license lock activation to only one computer ever?
    3. I believe I am correct in stating that since this is a downloaded platform and changes made to a strategy are limited to computer 1, and you wouldn't be able to access it from computer 2?
    4. If I activate my license now would I have to activate it on computer 2 later if I log in there?
    5. Or is my license key then stored within ninja trader and accessed when I log in normally?

TLDR; I want my primary and secondary computer to be able to run ninja trader under one license when I am logged on to either one. Can I do that with an individual license key?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can use your license key on as many devices as you would like, provided that you only use your license key in one device at a time. You would only need to ensure that NinjaTrader is closed on the first device before you used your key in the second device.

If you wanted to have two instances of NinjaTrader open simultaneously on two devices, you would need two license keys. There is no activation required for your license key. You will either obtain a free one which will be good for three years or you will purchase a leased or Lifetime license key.

While this key will only be able to be used by you, it is not limited to one device. In addition, while workspaces and files are stored locally on one device, you are able to expire these files and duplicate them on a second device.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to write in to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. Happy Trading.​
    Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great response! Its a very thorough answer thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Massinisa  
      Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Creamers