Deleting Instruments added to the market analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Instruments added to the market analyzer

How can I delete all the instruments added to the market analyzer while leaving the added indicators?

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for your message.

You may right-click on an individual instrument and select 'Remove Row' to delete it without affecting your Columns/Indicators. Unfortunately, there is no way to remove multiple instruments simultaneously.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
    Justin D.
    NinjaTrader Client Services
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Are there any alternatives?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, there are no built-in alternatives for this ability. You may find something on our publicly-available Ecosystem App Share​ that allows you to do this, otherwise, it would require a custom-coded or 3rd-party NinjaScript add-on.

Sincerely,
        Justin D.
        NinjaTrader Client Services​

Comment

I will first try to search from the link you sent me, but what keyword should I enter for the search?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything using some different keywords. If you are unable to find any add-ons using various search terms on the Ecosystem, it may only be possible trough a custom-coded or 3rd-party indicator to remove multiple instruments simultaneously from the Market Analyzer, however, we are not able to suggest any specific 3rd-party vendors for add-ons like this due to different ownership and pricing.

Sincerely,
            Justin D.
            NinjaTrader Client Services​​

Comment

Does that mean I can't delete multiple instruments from Market Analyzer using custom code?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

This should be possible using a custom NinjaScript add-on. If you have a programming background, our NinjaScript team may provide you links to samples that would help you write the add-on yourself, or we can provide you with resources to find a programmer to create the add-on for you.

I may also suggest creating custom Instrument Lists of the specific Instruments you would like to view from the Tools > Instrument Lists window. You won't be able to remove multiple instruments at the same time, but it will allow you to quickly add a group of specific instruments in bulk to a new Market Analyzer window instead.

Sincerely,
                Justin D.
                NinjaTrader Client Services​​​

Comment

This should be possible using a custom NinjaScript add-on. If you have a programming background, our NinjaScript team may provide you links to samples that would help you write the add-on yourself, or we can provide you with resources to find a programmer to create the add-on for you.
                  I have almost no programming experience, but I would like to learn more, so could you provide a sample link for me to create my own?

Comment

Hello ラリー​,

Thanks for your note.

NinjaTrader utilizes the C# programming language for developing indicators and strategies.

The best way to begin learning NinjaScript is to use the Strategy Builder. With the Strategy Builder, you can set up conditions and variables and then see the generated code in the NinjaScript Editor by clicking the View Code button.

Note that there are no supported or documented ways to delete instruments from the Market Analyzer Instruments column.

Here is a link to our publicly available training videos, 'Strategy Builder 301' and 'NinjaScript Editor 401', for you to view at your own convenience.

Strategy Builder 301 — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KQF2Sv27oE&t=13s

NinjaScript Editor 401 - https://youtu.be/H7aDpWoWUQs?list=PL...We0Nf&index=14

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript:
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._resources.htm

If you are new to C#, to get a basic foundation for the concepts and syntax used in NinjaScript I would recommend this section of articles in our help guide first:
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...g_concepts.htm

And the MSDN (Microsft Developers Network) C# Language Reference.
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erence_wip.htm

Please let us know if we may further assist.​
                    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That helps a lot.
                      Thanks for the links and for providing information for learning.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post lightsun47  
                      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post 00nevest