Hot keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot keys

Im having an issue all I have up on ninja is the main order window and 1 chart with chart trader on it. Im trying to setup hotkeys and its still saying that "all hot keys are inactive when a modal form has focus" I dont have any secondary windows open, just 2 in the program the main menu and 1 chart up? why does it keep saying that a secondary window has focus? my hotkeys dont work.

Hello mcrathb,

Thank you for your post.

Hotkeys will work on any order entry window as long as you have that window selected. For example, if you wanted your hotkeys to function on a chart, that chart window with Chart Trader enabled must be selected first by left-clicking on the chart.

The hotkey will submit the order as programmed as often as it is pressed. If you hold down the hotkey, additional orders will be submitted according to your Windows keyboard settings on repeating inputs. Think of this just like what occurs if you were to hold down the space bar when typing into these forums. Initially, only one space will be entered, however, after a short time spaces will continue to be entered until you release the space bar.

Modal focus indicates any window that must be closed before other items can be used. For example, the chart's Data Series window has to be closed before you can click on anything else in NinjaTrader because it has modal control.

You'll also want to enable 'Use order entry hotkeys' in the Control Center > Tools > Options > Trading if you keep getting hotkey errors when trying to place orders.

I've provided our help guide below on Hot Keys for reference:Please let me know if further assistance is needed!
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I keep several windows "always on top" mode. Now I want to program a hot key to increase/decrease the price on my working target limit order in my OCO exit pair after opening a position with an ATM. I'm finding I can NOT record a hot key because my Control Center/Orders tab hot key recording warns of the modal window error. Is there anyway I can use hot key to modify the limit exit order of an working ATM OCO pair while I have multiple windows in modal? I'm finding that the right click menu for ctrl/increase or decrease by 10 ticks too slow to adjust price of my working limit exit order. The DOM displays the order too far off the ladder to scroll to for modification also; I prefer keyboard in this type of situation for speed. Any suggestions for keyboard control (multiple key taps to desired price) of price modifications on my exit limit order of the ATM OCO pair?

Comment

Hi trymph, thanks for your questions. Unfortunately, it will not be possible through ATM strategy templates submitting the order. You would need to submit an OCO pair "Manually" then use the Increase/Decrease last order hotkeys to modify the order prices.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
          use the Increase/Decrease last order hotkeys to modify the order prices.
          I've noticed that when I turn off the modal "always on top" I can assign a hot key action. BUT when initiating a position with OCO ATM my last order of the position exit pair is the stop.

Is there no way to use a hot key to increase/decrease my limit order; the second of the 2 last orders entered? Alternatively how can I get my ctrl/middle scroll mouse button increase/decrease price when highlighting the limit order from my control/orders window? It's important to me to use ATM OCO with auto stop strategy trailing to manage my open positions. All I would like to do is modify the working exit limit order price in >10 tick increments for faster modifications to exit.

Thanks for your reply yesterday

Comment

Hi trymph, the platform is designed to submit the exit stop loss last so the hot key for modifying the last order would not be able to target the profit target order. You would need to set up a manual OCO order e.g. enter the position, press Control+Z to enable OCO mode, set both the stop limit/market and limit order, and disable OCO mode. You will be able to modify the target as it would be the last order placed.

For the control center, there are no hot keys enabled for this windows, so this is unfortunately not possible.

Comment

For the control center, there are no hot keys enabled for this windows, so this is unfortunately not possible.
              What about the ctrl/middle scroll button in the control center? Should I be able to use that to easily modify the price on the limit order rather than right click ctrl/increase;decrease (can only do increments of 10 ticks)? I was trying to make a hot key to replace the menu ctrl/increase;decrease for each 10 tick increment but scrolling would be a good workaround for speed of price modification.
              Last edited by trymph; 04-20-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Hi trymph, There are no hotkeys enabled for the Control Center, and the Control Up/Down on mouse wheel is only for orders on the chart.

Comment

Hi trymph, There are no hotkeys enabled for the Control Center, and the Control Up/Down on mouse wheel is only for orders on the chart.
                  Using the DOM alternatively then. If I have single click modify along with auto center turned on can I modify my working exit limit order that way? If yes where would I need to click my mouse left button to: (only 1 ATM pair working in force)

1. move limit BUY order to a higher price (when short)
                  2. move limit SELL order to a lower price (when long)
                  Last edited by trymph; 04-20-2023, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hi trymph, I've tested in the SuperDOM and the hotkeys for order modification do not apply to the ATM strategy orders. You will need to use manually placed OCO pairs shown in this clip:

Comment

Hi trymph, I've tested in the SuperDOM and the hotkeys for order modification do not apply to the ATM strategy orders. You will need to use manually placed OCO pairs shown in this clip:

https://clauber.tinytake.com/msc/ODE0MzEyNF8yMTMzMTYxMg
                      Thanks but please see my edited question on using mouse in the Super DOM window:

Using the DOM alternatively then. If I have single click modify along with auto center turned on can I modify my working exit limit order that way? If yes where would I need to click my mouse left button to: (only 1 ATM pair working in force)

1. move limit BUY order to a higher price (when short)
                      2. move limit SELL order to a lower price (when long)

Last edited by trymph; Today, 07:27 PM.​
                      Looks like we had a posting/editing "fly by"​​

Comment

Hi trymph, As long as you are clicking in the center column of the SuperDOM above the entry market price and the ATM is active it will move the target order. If you are clicking below the market price this will change the stop order.

Comment

Hi trymph, As long as you are clicking in the center column of the SuperDOM above the entry market price and the ATM is active it will move the target order. If you are clicking below the market price this will change the stop order.
                          OK I think I finally got it as a viable workaround to my hot key ease of limit exit order modification to working ATM OCO pairs and thanks for your answers. I've changed around the help section explanation a bit:

<Enabling Single Click Order Modification of your Profit Target and Stop Loss orders within the SuperDOM Properties for single working open position ATM OCO exit pair a left click>

when long:
                          Clicking in the PRICE column on the BID or above will adjust your Profit Target order price (down), below the BID will adjust Stop Loss order prices.
                          when short:
                          Clicking in the PRICE column on the ASK or below will adjust your Profit Target order price (up), above the ASK will adjust your Stop Loss order prices.

Basically clicking the PRICE column CLOSEST toward the working limit order at the desired price will modify it closer to the current market prices.
                          Last edited by trymph; 04-20-2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

javascript:HMToggle('toggle','HowToModifyStopLossA ndProfitTargetOrdersWithASingleClick','HowToModify StopLossAndProfitTargetOrdersWithASingleClick_ICON ')

Single Click Order Modification:
                            Left Mouse Click Modifies the closest Stop Loss or Profit Target order
                            Middle Mouse Click Modifies the second closest Stop Loss or Profit Target order
                            Middle Mouse Click + CTRL Key Modifies the third closest Stop Loss or Profit Target order

Open position Left click ATM OCO pair working exit limit in the PRICE column did not bring my LONG exit target limit order down from the original ATM Profit Target price. Is the above key referencing a working exit pair OR a working entry ATM pair? Should I have used right click?

FYI my DOM is set to be "always on top" does the above require NON-MODAL?

Confused
                            Bruce
                            Last edited by trymph; 04-24-2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Bruce, the single click modifications are specifically targeting stop loss and profit target orders. This can be from an ATM strategy or from manually placed OCO orders. The modal window has nothing to do with the SuperDOM window as it can never be a modal window, making a window always on top does not make it modal.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses