Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to delete specific trades from a SIM account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to delete specific trades from a SIM account.

I have a strategy I am working on and I practice it in a certain SIM account. I can then review and run stats on that strategy. Inadvertantly a series of trades was executed in that account today and needs to be removed OR could be moved to a different SIM account. I have a lot of data in this SIM account and deleting the whole SIM account is not an option.

I am assuming this info is all in the db/NinjaTrader.sdf file. I am a software engineer by (previous) trade. I read that this file could be opened with MS SQL Server so I made a copy of the file and tried to open it with SQL Server 2019. The database format was not recognized.

What are my options? Please dont say the only option is to delete it or reset it.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Glad to assist. You can remove individual simulated trades by going within the Trade Performance window > Executions display > Right click on an execution and 'Remove Execution' .

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
    Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

there is a problem with this .... I did as you said... deleted them rom the Trade Performance=> Executions... OK gone there.
      But the impact to PnL is still present... the orders are still present. ... etc etc.
      So now the condition is even worse because the I have changes to PnL and other stats with incomplete records about what happened and now I wish I had just left them alone so that my data would not be corrupt.
      Last edited by xiinteractive; 11-30-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Hello xiinteractive,

Thank you for your follow up post.

There is not a way to remove specific trades from the database - if you can find a way to open and edit the NinjaTrader.sdf file, it's not something that we would provide support for.

You can reset the simulator to clear all of the trades from the account and start fresh, however, you would not be able to clear specific trades. Please let me know if you have further questions.
        Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post Rikazkhan007  
        Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes