Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection NT8 - IBGateway

Hello,

since 1 oct I had to implement the latest version of IBGateway (1019 ; Interactive Brokers ) as the previous version was taken out of service. At least in Europe.

Connection with this version results in NT8 throwing an error as per image below. No chart can load / and or display data and remains in state 'Loading'.
    The same error is thrown when connecting NT8 with TWS of Interactive Brokers.

Besides the issue of not being able to load data, I can also not reach my Interactive Brokers account and thus cannot trade neither.

I signalled the issue to NT support desk and who replied that NT development was going to look into the problem.

Since 3 oct I did not receive an update on the status of the problem and solution.

Does anyone experiences the same problem ? If yes, any ideas about some work around to be able to continue trading in the mean time ?

Thanks a lot for reply

Click image for larger version

Name:	connection IBGateway - NT8 issue.png
Views:	149
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1219350
    Attached Files

Hello Hellegezelle,

Thank you for your message.

We are currently aware that version 10.16.1k from our Interactive Brokers​ Connection Guide is not supported in Europe right now, but, unfortunately, our Development Team is still testing other versions of TWS/IB Gateway with NinjaTrader 8 and working with Interactive Brokers to ensure there are no issues. Since there are no fully-supported versions of TWS or IB Gateway for use with NinjaTrader 8 in Europe, you may wish to try other versions offered by IB including the latest version from IB's website. Please keep in mind that since they have not been fully tested, they may not work correctly with NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
    Justin D.
    NinjaTrader Client Services
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Justin,

thanks for reply.

NT8 (latest version) worked well with the previous version of IB Gateway (version 1016). But with the release of the current version of IBGateway (version 1019) , they have taken version 1016 out of service. It is not possible to run anything else then IB Gateway version 1019.

But when connecting NT8 with IB Gateway (version 1019), the connection with my IB account fails, resulting in no data loaded but also in having no access for trading.

The above is also true for TWS: the previous version no longer runs and the current version cannot connect to NT8.

So it is really a situation of not being able to view the charts and to trade with Interactive Brokers through NT8.

Can we expect a solution ? If no, I would appreciate to know and look for alternative brokers. If yes, OK than I have to wait, but I would appreciate to know if we talk about days or rather weeks.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hello Hellegezelle,

Unfortunately, we do not have a timetable for when this may be resolved, but our internal team is aware and still investigating. Any updates regarding a supported version of TWS or IB Gateway for use with NinjaTrader 8 will be shown on the Interactive Brokers​ Connection Guide, but as of now, we do not have a fully supported version of IB users in Europe.

Sincerely,
        Justin D.
        NinjaTrader Client Services​

Comment

Dear Team,
          I have the same issue with the IB Gateway Connection in Europe. What do you think, if I would use VPN (US) or a US based VPS, that would be solved this issue?

Comment

Hello Paul_Kinizsi,

While this does sound like it could work in theory, this isn't something we have tested and do not know if there are any limitations or issues that could come up while using a VPN to download the supported version of IB Gateway/TWS from the Connection Guide. We have received confirmation that this will be addressed in R27 of NinjaTrader 8, however, we do not have a timeline or expected release date for this version.

You may which to Subscribe to receive notifications from our 'News and Announcements' Forum page where platform updates will be announced as they are released.

​Sincerely,
            Justin D.
            NinjaTrader Client Services​​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post SantoshXX