Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperTrend & Options

Hi I have Few questions
    1. How do I select and back test a strategy only if during the active trading CME hours (i.e 2.30 PM UK to 9.00 PM UK time) - I do not want to trade during other hours

2. Is there a way to test the strategies on options ? say buy a 30 delta call or buy a 30 delta put of immediate expiry in E-mini S&P. This needs to be done every time when a strategy gives a buy or sell signal.

3. I also need to keep a stop loss on every option buy

4. is there a super trend indicator available ?

5. Can someone suggest the indicator link for coppock curve ?

6. are there consultants from NinjaTrader who could revise and cleanup my strategy

Request your suggestions​

Hello Pradeepunni1234,

1. Can you please select the RTH trading template for the 'Trading hours' setting. This setting determines during what hours data is loaded.

You can view the start and end times of each trading hours template at Control Center-->Tools-->Trading Hours.

2. Please create a chart for an options instrument first. Subsequently you can select it in the Strategy Analyzer.

You can create the chart by window linking the Option Chain window to a chart.

Once window linked, please click a Call or Put price and the chart will switch to it.

The options instrument is now added to the list of most recently used instruments. Open the Strategy Analyzer and you can select the options instrument from the Instrument setting.

3. I assume you refer to having a stop loss submitted by the automated strategy you created. Can you please create a new forum post for this inquiry under "NinjaTrader 8 - Strategy Development".

4. There is no indicator named "SuperTrend" present by default in NinjaTrader. I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created indicators from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party indicators (Trading Indicators) that offer the functionality you seek.
    Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find what you need, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer (Programmers) to create a custom indicator for you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

5. I suggest to check the NinjaTrader ecosystem website for this indicator as well.

6. Please see the link below.
    Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ageeholdings  
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes