Kinetic data and Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetic data and Interactive Brokers

I apologize if these are very basic questions, but I've been unable to find a definitive answer in the help files.

1. I would like to use Kinetic data for live charts and Interactive Brokers for orders only. Is this possible? If so, how does one configure separately?

2. I know you can't comment on third party providers, but in general would I be required to pay for exchange fees to a broker (in this case IB), if I've already paid for them through Kinetic?

Many thanks.

Hello Sparkyboy,

Thanks for your post.

1. Yes you can use Kinetick for data and IB for order submission. For this you will want to connect to Kinetick first in NinjaTrader which will provide you with your real time and historical data then connect to IB second in order to access your live account for order submission.
    2. I suggest contacting IB to verify if they require real time data to be enabled in order to submit orders to your live account or if the instruments need to be authorized for trading.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sparkyboy The current implementation of multiple connections within NinjaTrader is potentially problematic to the approach you are contemplating.

More reading on this: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-by-connection

Summary: Different connections will almost invariably have different prices (Ask/Bid) and therefore different spreads. If that is largely immaterial to your trading decisions, you can ignore it if you wish (e.g. position traders may not be too concerned with this). On the other hand, if you are scalping, this should most definitely be of concern to you, and you need to understand the possible effects if you trade in this manner. If you know the effects and accept them and trade anyway, that is at least an informed decision.

Thanks.​
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888