Loading speed when opening a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading speed when opening a chart

I have been using market data from IB Securities, Inc.
    Ninja Trader platform.
    Sometimes the loading speed when opening charts seems slow, is there any way to speed up the loading speed?​https://www.screencast.com/t/BTLAgvRCUFT9

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for your post.

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is being caused by a 3rd-party add-on using the steps below.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
    • Getting instrument updates from the server
    To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CTRL key and double-click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep holding the CTRL key until you see the Control Center.
    • You may then verify you are in Safe Mode by going to Help -> About.
    Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
    • Reconnect to your Data Provider
    • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
    • If not, please try opening your previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down. It may already show as being open. Hit 'close' and do not save and then re-open it again for your windows to re-appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are running in Safe Mode.
    Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
    • If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.
    • Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns.
    If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a working version of it if the issue returns. You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.

To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. Additional information about backups may be read in our Help Guide linked below.Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.​
    Angelica D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

We will attempt to contact you again regarding the above.
      Thank you very much.​

Comment

We are contacting you for progress.​

Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
        It seems not.

Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
        This does not seem to be the case here.

• If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.
        • Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns.
        I'm not sure how to add an addon and rebuild, what should I do?

There was one thing that bothered me, but it seems that some symbols load faster than others.

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Rebuilding your workspaces requires you to recreate your workspaces with the addons that you had previously installed but we recommend that you add them one at a time to identify a specific addon that may be the culprit.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
          1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
          2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
          3. Select the downloaded .zip file
          4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
          • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
          Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Rebuilding your workspaces requires you to recreate your workspaces with the addons that you had previously installed but we recommend that you add them one at a time to identify a specific addon that may be the culprit.

I do not know the procedure to recreate the workspace.
            How can I do that?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for your reply.​

To recreate the workspace, you will need to start a new workspace and you will need to add the addons that you previously had.

Comment

お返事ありがとうございます。

I have tried what you describe, am I correct?

Also charts load faster than before, I tried it when the Japanese trading market was closed.
                However, after the end, the loading speed was faster than when the trading started, so we will try to check the operation when the trading market starts and let you know the progress.​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for your reply.​​

Yes that is correct. Adding them one by one will help to figure out which add on is causing the slow movement in the charts.

Comment

During the market opening, I tried to load the chart, but sometimes there is a delay-like state.Also, the script has a duplicate OHLC of an existing indicator, which may be the cause. In addition, there are multiple problems such as the chart not being updated, so we will initialize the computer, reinstall NinjaTrader, verify again, and report the progress. thank you.

Comment

I am contacting you to report on the progress.

I've reset my computer and reinstalled NinjaTrader, but there are occasional delays, especially not every time it loads in real time.
                      Are there other possible causes besides addons?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for your reply.​​

Performance issues from third party items can be problematic for many different reasons. I would recommend reaching out to the developer of the identified indicator to see what items may cause increased performance for that specific item/s so you can tailor your settings accordingly.

Please feel free to write in if you need any additional assistance.​​

Comment

I initialized my computer and reinstalled NinjaTrader, and I solved the problem of duplicate OLHC, but now I'm only applying existing NinjaScript, and about creating indicators, please refer to Forum It will be the indicator file that was in.
                          I also created some.
                          However, only the previous Database (Historical trade data) is being imported from the backup file, but if there is anything there, will it cause delays or problems?​

Comment

Hello ラリー,

If the backup file includes the problematic indicators, yes it will still continue to cause the same issues. If the backup file has the problematic indicator removed, then no, importing it will not cause a delay.

Comment

I think there are places to check items such as Workspaces, NinjaScript Files, and Database (Historical trade data) as items for import backup file selection, but I only import Database (Historical trade data), Also after that, when I checked the NinjaScript file, it was only NinjaTrader existing indicators.
                              Does that mean that for some reason the Database may contain bad indicators?​
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              13 responses
                              0 likes