Issue with CFDs in Forex.com/CityIndex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with CFDs in Forex.com/CityIndex

There is an issue with some CFD instruments in Forex.com/CityIndex. For example: Amazon, Alphabet, Tesla, US Crude Oil
    • Open positions are not recognised by Ninjatrader, the account balance varies in Ninjatrader and the position is opened on Forex.com's own platform, but nothing is shown in the Positions window or chart trader and there is no way to close the position from Ninjatrader
    • Orders vanish when the platform is closed then opened again, but the orders still exist with the broker and are visible in the broker's own software
    From working with Forex.com support, I believe that the issue is caused by Ninjatrader appending "CFD" to the end of the instrument mapping internally, and although these are CFD instruments, the broker does not use the suffix "CFD" on the mapping when sending updates.

Hello kevinenergy​,

Thank you for your post.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ## 03345463 ## ATTN ##SEV##

Please also provide the Order IDs in the email sent directly to us (please do not share any private information in the forum). You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Hi Sev.

I have sent in the log and trace files as requested. I used a fresh install of Ninjatrader so that the logs wouldn't be too full.
      I also made a video to demonstrate the issue: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c36h2RVtqsb

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for sending in those files.

I have contacted our Technical Support team and they are investigating this issue further. They will be following up with you via a private email.

Thank you for your patience and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Hi Sev,

Just wondered if there was any update on this Forex.com/CityIndex mapping issue. The mappings for this provider have been a mess for a while now making many instruments not tradable.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comment

Hello kevinenergy​,

Thank you for the inquiry.

You can always view the symbol mapping for a certain instrument by going into the Control Center under Tools>Instruments>edit. I am not aware of any CFDs that have "CFD" added to their symbol mapping by the NinjaTrader platform. For example, this is the mapping for the TESLAMOTORS CFD:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	78
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1223682

Let us know if you have further questions. ​

Comment

I think you might have misremembered what the issue is. The last update I got by email stated that the issue had been reported to the development team for further investigation.

Here's the video I made to highlight the issue: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c36h2RVtqsb
              Last edited by kevinenergy; 11-15-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lightsun47  
              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post 00nevest