Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart is (up-to-date but) frozen with my NT broker account data feed or plabback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart is (up-to-date but) frozen with my NT broker account data feed or plabback

Hi,

I am with NT broker account, connecting to that feed, and chart is up-to-date the time it is opened, but frozen (without any indicator). Same thing happen when I connect to playback.

The only way I get moving chart is when I connect to NT CQG Demo feed (limited to 14 days).

My platform is up to date (8.0.26.1).

Hello Shai Samuel,

Thank you for writing in.

This sounds like your account is not yet enabled for any kind of Real-Time Market data.
    • To resolve this you will need to enable real-time market data on your account from somewhere.

Please know that purchasing a NinjaTrader License Key does not come with any kind of Market Data.
    • The license key is purchasing the NinjaTrader Platform technology and the features you have access to within it
    • Market Data is going to be a subscription service that must be attained independently from your license key.
      • Getting a License Key would be like buying a phone without any service. You just bought the piece of technology you use to make calls, but until you get a service provider and a data plan, you cannot place calls.
      • Getting a brokerage account and signing up for real-time data is like getting an account at AT&T or Verizon and then telling them you want to pay the monthly fee for the Unlimited Minute plan that you then pay monthly

Please remember that the NinjaTrader Forum is a Publicly Facing location so please do NOT share any of your personal, private, or account information within the forum. If you need to discuss your account and its specific enablements further, please send an email to PlatformSupport (at) NinjaTrader (dot) com so we may discuss your account information privately.

If you are a NinjaTrader Brokerage Client and would like to sign up for Market Data through NinjaTrader Brokerage:

You may use the Market Data form linked to select the exchanges that you wish to have enabled on your account.
    • You must select ALL exchanges you would like to be enabled for your trading account upon each submission, including any subscriptions you currently have if you want to keep them.
    • If you would like to cancel your Market Data Subscription, select "No Market Data" within the Customize section of Step 3.
    • Market data fees are billed at the beginning of each month.
    • Any new market data subscriptions will be billed within 1-2 business days.
    • Market Data Fees are billable for the current month in the full amount. The exchanges do not prorate the fees or otherwise discount them based on the amount of days remaining in the month
    If you would like to get your market data from somewhere else, please review through the links below and choose a Broker/Market data provider that provides the real-time market data for the instruments you want to chart and trade:Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Clayton.

I might not explained the issue well enough. Following this promise (see quote below), I did open a brokerage account with NT and deposited money to it. I expect free unlimited live futures data for testing and developing, including having my chart live in simulation and playback, otherwise, what is the point of it?

I do understand that for realtime live trading I do need to subscribe, and
      In addition, our FREE platform with all the key features needed for live trading is included with every brokerage account along with the following tools & services:
      • UNLIMITED live futures data & simulation
      • UNFILTERED professional market data
      • EXTENSIVE historical tick, min & daily data
      • FREE 24-hour emergency trade desk
      • UNLIMITED support & daily training
      • 100+ technical indicators out of the box

Comment

Hello Shai Samuel,

Thank you for the update.

I can understand the misunderstanding, but this is saying that the Free License Key specifically is included with your NinjaTrader Brokerage account for free.

The Unlimited Life Futures data is referring to the service provided by NinjaTrader brokerage that you are able to sign up for to be able to receive real-time market data quotes.

If you review the License Comparison link below, you will notice that it does not say that it provides a real-time market data subscription to any specific exchanges anywhere. The NinjaTrader License Key dictates what brokers you can connect to and what technology is available within the platform. The NinjaTrader license Key does not provide you with a subscription to real-time market data.
        You can either sign up for real-time market data using your NinjaTrader Brokerage account through NinjaTrader Brokerage using the link in my last post, or you can get a real-time market data subscription from another broker or market data provider that is supported within the NinjaTrader platform as seen at the links below:​If you have any further questions about this, I recommend reaching out to PlatformSupport (AT) NinjaTrader (DOT) com directly so we can discuss this more openly and so we may look into you and your account information further.
        • In the subject, include "Clayton ATTN 03267518"
        • Please also include your account number within the email along with the license key that you are currently using

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes