Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategies active but Charts are not updating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies active but Charts are not updating?

Hi, I am running strategies on 3 insturement, strategies loaded on 3 chart on different sheets. But when I opened new sheet and loading historical tick chart from Kinetick. New sheet tick chart loaded, but all my other charts are stopped to get data.
    Strategies still running but charts are not updating?

I am connected to IB and Kinetick. Strategies and live data on IB, historical data on Kinetick. ( i loaded tick chart from Kinetick on new sheet)
    I am trying reload historical data but not loading.

I live this issue frequently, Why its happening?
    If i close charts then strategies will disable.
    How can i manage if i have active strategy and chart is not updating?

Hello Murphy67,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Sergey'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​
    Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Sergey, I closed all charts, disabled strategies. Reopened charts and install strategies again. I think you can not find where the issue happened because alot of thing happened.

I wonder how can i manage it next time if happens again;
      1- If chart is not update but strategy working, strategy continue to send order and update itself although if charts are not updating?
      2- Again if chart not updating, if i open new chart same insturement, How can i move strategies to new chart? Now, i am deleting current strategy reinstall strategy to new chart and send immediate submit? Losing alot of time because i have multiple strategy and intruments.

Comment

Hello Murphy67,

Thank you for your reply.

1) This would depend on whether or not you are receiving live data still. If you are receiving data, and your strategy is enabled to place orders, it will continue to operate. If the data disconnects, then no signals would come in for the strategy to operate.

2) Without needing to delete the chart itself, have you tried right clicking on the chart and pressing "Reload all Historical Data?" Does the data come back if you use this function of the chart?

Thanks again, I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Sergey,

1- How can i understand i am receiving data because chart freezing. Cheking connection if it is green?
          2-Yes i tried reloading, but it is just saying loading but no any update. I waited 2 hours loading message on chart then i closed the chart. So, do i need to reinstall strategies to the new chart although it is running on strategy tab?

Comment

Hello Murphy67,

Thank you for your reply.

The best way to tell if data is coming through or not is to see whether you are receiving Ask/Bid data on the Chart Trader. If data does come in, your Chart Trader will show Ask/Bid prices, and the volume at that price level. Here is a helpful screenshot that demonstrates this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	151
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1215771

Unfortunately for the second item, I would need to do some further investigation into your platform. If you would like to follow the steps from my previous post to send your diagnostic files to me via email, I can take a further look into this and provide a better answer for you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Massinisa  
            Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes