Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Line Shifting

Hello,

When is NT going to fix the issue with trendlines shifting on their own when extended beyond current price. Very frustrating to keep fixing the autonomous movements. Thanks you.

Regards,

J

Hello vonyoldel,

Thanks for your post.

When placing objects into the future (especially on Tick based bars) there is no definite place where that object would lie.

To elaborate:

Time based charts extend as bars develop, and if there is no new bar, a bar does not get painted in that "slot."

Tick based bars have no definite ending time until they close, so it cannot be determined where something is if it is drawn into the future.

If the drawing object anchors are placed on completed bars, this symptom would not be seen. (You could consider drawing Rays or Extended Lines on top to project lines where the anchors are kept on valid bars.)

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your response. While I am not sure why having a bar to anchor a manual trendline from the drawing tools matters, I do know having used many many platforms since the late 1990's until now, this has never been an issue with any of those platforms. Just to name a few platforms I have used trading, which does not have the NT trendline issue: Tradestation, TD Ameritrade TOS, Lynn Soft, Investor RT, CQG, Bookmap, Trading view, Navigator, MultiCharts. I really hope NT can fix this issue soon. Thx.

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses