Backtests date and data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtests date and data

I need help with my backtests. So I have been doing backtests for a while, and everything worked fine. I downloaded data, it was working, and I recently switched out my SSD. I tried to download data, and it said it finished downloading, but when I tried to run the backtests, it only went as far back as 1 year, never going back to the date I downloaded, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Also, when downloading historical data, there are 3 boxes: Tick, Minute, and Day. Which one do you suggest I download for a 30s time frame strategy?

Hello chthonic,

Thanks for your post.

The amount of historical data you are able to access ultimately depends on the amount of historical data your data provider offers.

You could download historical data by going to Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Load tab. Then, you could check the Historical Data window > Edit tab to see the historical data you have available to use for running backtests on the Strategy Analyzer.

If you are backtesting a strategy using a 30-Second timeframe, you should download Tick data since Second bars are built using Tick data.

See this help guide page for more information about How Bars Are Built: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rs_are_built.h tm

Review the help guide document on the differences on real-time vs backtest (historical).
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ime_vs_bac.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post emuns
    by emuns