Need Help Recreating Brian Watt's MA Envelope Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Recreating Brian Watt's MA Envelope Chart

Hello, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but can anyone help me with recreating the attached chart in NT8? This is a chart used by Brian Watt for macro analysis of the ES. I think it's created on ThinkorSwim. I understand how to setup the MA Envelopes, but I'm not sure what style of chart this is. It looks like it's either a range or tick based chart, but an input of 26 for either of these chart types provides a much shorter term chart view than what is shown here.

Any help is much appreciated. If you know good setup parameters for the NQ I would be interested as well.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The chart looks like a 26 tick chart, and it has an MAEnvelope and a ZigZag on it. ZigZag is available in the default indicators, and I found this MAEnvelope indicator on the user app share sight. I have not tested this, so it may not be the exact same indicator:

This indicator draws a moving average, then plots upper and lower bands based on an envelope percentage. In addition, the indicator includes upper and lower lines that follow the upper and lower bands (only moving in the right direction, never backwards), that will only display if the price last breached the upper or lower band. […]

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL

Disclaimer:
    The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Atari View Post
      Hello, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but can anyone help me with recreating the attached chart in NT8? This is a chart used by Brian Watt for macro analysis of the ES. I think it's created on ThinkorSwim. I understand how to setup the MA Envelopes, but I'm not sure what style of chart this is. It looks like it's either a range or tick based chart, but an input of 26 for either of these chart types provides a much shorter term chart view than what is shown here.

Any help is much appreciated. If you know good setup parameters for the NQ I would be interested as well.
      I would love to know the settings for the MA envelopes?

Comment

Hello novaflash82,

Thanks for your notes.

The default settings are Envelope Percentage: 1.5, Moving Average Type: SMA, Period: 14.

We would not be able to provide you with specific settings to use as it would be up to you to choose the settings that suit your overall goals.

You could view more about the MA Envelopes indicator that comes with NinjaTrader on this help guide page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...aenvelopes.htm

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on the topic.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rbeckmann05, Today, 06:48 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rbeckmann05  
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes