Migrating from NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating from NT7

I think I've asked this question before, but I can't find or remember the answer. I have used NT7 for a very long time. I develop Easylanguage code for a broker that allows placing orders from the Tradestation platform to Ninjatrader via the NtDirect dll. I see that the NtDirect functions are available in NT8, but I am unclear if I can send market data from Tradestation to NT8 the way I do to NT7. If this is possible, please advise as to how. I need some kind of market data for development and testing.

In order to use an exteran data feed (from Tradestation), do I need to use the NtDirect.dll file that came with NT8, or can I continue to use the same file I've been using with NT7?

I did find that the dll file is different, so I remove the old NtDirect file from the TS program folder, but I still do not have good connection. Are the Easylanguage functions the same as NT7. If not, where do I get them?

Ok, I now see that I can still get data to the NT7 platform using the new dll file and the exiting EL functions. Why am I not able to get data to NT8?

So I found what I was missing. I need to go to Tools ==> Options ==> Automated trading interface and check the box. Getting TS data now.

One more question. I want to make a table of symbols with quote values (bid, ask, last, etc.). How do I do that/
    Last edited by Atomic; 09-07-2022, 06:27 PM.

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your inquiry.

NinjaTrader 8 has limited support for TradeStation and does not have the same level of support as NinjaTrader 7.NinjaTrader 8 will allow you to submit trades to NinjaTrader using the TradeStation interface but will not receive data or trade signals from TradeStation.

In NinjaTrader 7, TradeStation connections that send and receive data are still supported.

You may read more about the limited TradeStation capabilities in NinjaTrader 8 here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ntegration.htm

Any functions other than the Email Interface would not be supported by NinjaTrader and we would not be able to assist further.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your inquiry.

NinjaTrader 8 has limited support for TradeStation and does not have the same level of support as NinjaTrader 7.NinjaTrader 8 will allow you to submit trades to NinjaTrader using the TradeStation interface but will not receive data or trade signals from TradeStation.

In NinjaTrader 7, TradeStation connections that send and receive data are still supported.

You may read more about the limited TradeStation capabilities in NinjaTrader 8 here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ntegration.htm

Any functions other than the Email Interface would not be supported by NinjaTrader and we would not be able to assist further.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
      Actually, I am able to send market data from Tradestation to NT8 and I am also able to place orders, all using the NtDirect.dll that comes with NT8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Harry, 05-02-2018, 01:54 PM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post tharton3  
      Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able