Regarding the occurrence of an error when opening a new tab from level 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the occurrence of an error when opening a new tab from level 2

When I open a new tab from level 2, an error occurs, and then when I close the level 2 tab, the error occurs as shown in the second screenshot.
    Attached Files

Hello ラリー,

Thank you for the message.

If you open a new Level 2 window and then open an additional tab, does the same error message appear? Or, does it only happen with that one Level 2 window?
    • If it happens with the New level 2 window as well, please create a new/blank workspace to test a Level 2 window there
      • Go to the Control Center > Workspaces > new > Give it a name like "Testing" > Click OK
      • Go back to the Workspaces menu > Hover over "Testing" > Click save > Restart NinjaTrader
      • It should open to the blank "Testing" workspace. Add a Level 2 window to the workspace and select an instrument.
      • Then, add an additional tab. Does the error message still appear?
        • If no, then it was related to something specifically in the First Workspace, and you will need to go back to the original workspace and methodically test it by removing things 1-by-1, restart NinjaTrader, until the error stops to identify what is causing it.
        • If yes, then we will need to look further.
    If the error is still happening on a new Level 2 window on a basic workspace:
    • What Broker or Market data provider are you connecting to?
    • Go to the Control Center > Help > About. What is the full version of NinjaTrader that you are connecting to?
    • If you go to the Control Center > Log tab, do you see any other error messages appearing in here? If yes, please include screenshots of the errors in your response.
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

If you open a new Level 2 window and then open an additional tab, does the same error message appear? Or, does it only happen with that one Level 2 window?
      The same error is displayed from the tab and when the window is opened from the second new level II.

I have also created a new workspace and tested it and get the same error message.

If the error is still happening on a new Level 2 window on a basic workspace:
      • What Broker or Market data provider are you connecting to?
      • Go to the Control Center > Help > About. What is the full version of NinjaTrader that you are connecting to?
      • If you go to the Control Center > Log tab, do you see any other error messages appearing in here? If yes, please include screenshots of the errors in your response.

It is connected to the IB Securities data blovider.

The version is 8.0.26.1 64-bit.

Yes, it seems to be outputting an error.
      I am attaching a screenshot.
      Thank you in advance.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your help.

If you have responded to my post, I would appreciate it if you could send it to me again, as I seem to be having some problems with my e-mails, notifications (not getting notifications, etc.) and other issues since the maintenance (NinjaTreder).​

Comment

Hello ラリー ,

Thank you for the update.

If this happens across workspaces, then this means it is coming from a setting that is not Workspace specific.

The instrument I can see in the Level 2 window is not a normal Future or Equity Instrument.
          • If you switch the Level 2 window to something like the ES 12-22 or AAPL, does it work?
            • If yes, right-click the Level 2 window > Properties > preset > restore > Click OK
            • Now, add another tab. Does the error message still appear?

If the error is still appearing, please use the following steps to repair the NinjaTrader 8 installation:
          • Please use the steps below to Repair the NinjaTrader 8 installation:
          • Close NinjaTrader
          • Go to the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features (Sometimes "Remove a Program/App") > Click NinjaTrader 8 > Click Repair
          • Click Next through the prompts until it is finished
            • Reopen NinjaTrader and test the Level 2 window. Does it still show an error?

If you are still getting the error message at this point, I would like to take a look at your log and trace files to investigate this matter further.

If this is the case, please send an email to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Clayton'.
          • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          ​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

If you switch the Level 2 window to something like the ES 12-22 or AAPL, does it work?
            It seems to be partially functional.
            Also, no errors are output.​

If yes, right-click the Level 2 window > Properties > preset > restore > Click OKNow, add another tab. Does the error message still appear?​
            For symbols such as AAPL (Nasdaq), the error does not seem to be output, but if you add a Japanese stock symbol and then add a new tab, the error is output.

I will try to do the restoration.
            We will contact you as soon as there is progress.
            Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello ラリー ,

Thank you for the update.

We need to do some further testing to confirm, but from everything I've heard so far it sounds like we might be finding an esoteric bug related to showing Japanese Instruments within the Level 2 Window.

I would like to look through the Log, Trace, Workspace, and Template files for your platform to see if there is any further information on what is causing this error message to appear.

Please use the steps below to send us a message with your log and trace files attached so we may look into this behavior further:
              • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
              • Select: Platform Technical Support
              • Enter the subject as: Clayton ATTN 03221110"
              • Body: Please include a message letting us know the specific Japanese Instruments you are looking at that cause this message to appear
              • Ensure the "Log and trace files" box is checked
              • Expand "Other files"
                • Check "Workspace files and UI settings"
                • Check "Template files"
              • Send the email
              ​We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry.

Comment

I have emailed you today.
                Best regards.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes