Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of data feed during strategies are working

Hi

Just now I have loss the data feed but internet connection no fault. My question is how can i configure ninjatrader to minimize risk in this case and if is ther any way to send a mail o any kind of message to me to take care of this situation.

If somebody knows any way to minimize risk like double data feed, or whatever, please share it.

Regards

Hello J512,

Thank you for your note.

First note that NinjaTrader Does not control these connections. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. This usually happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

While a alternate data feed through something like Kinetick can help you stay connected if you lose connection to your primary feed, please note that if the issue is a local outage or specific issue with your internet you would likely lose connection here as well.

Ultimately you'll also want to contact the developer of the strategy you're using to ensure error handling is setup to handle disconnections in the way you prefer as generally they default to trying to close your positions once communication with the servers is reestablished.

Please feel free to submit any additional questions to our new support center at: https://support.ninjatrader.com/
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post llanqui
    by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses