Windows 11. Control center doesn't work propertly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 11. Control center doesn't work propertly

I bought a new laptop. I just downloaded the app and it's too slow. It seems to be so heavy that it crashes the app and my entire computer.
    I do not understand why it does not work properly if it is a new computer with 16 g RAM

Hello Sebastian Vargas,

Thank you for writing in.

If you are experiencing a slow platform or crashing issues, it would best to write into Platform Support directly so you can share your Log and Trace files with us so that we can look into the diagnostic files and provide an informed response on what is happening. The Forum is publicly facing so we do not want to share any personal or private information here.

Are you using the base NinjaTrader platform, or do you have some 3rd party NinjaScript Add-ons installed as well?
    • If you are just using the base NinjaTrader platform and default indicators, I would not expect it to be experiencing delays unless you have a complicated workspace with multiple Order Flow Plus indicators set to use Tick based calculations.
    • If you have imported some 3rd party add-ons and are using a complex workspace, I would expect for it to be possible that it is slowing down and crashing your platform.
      • Just because you get a "more powerful" computer, it doesn't stop a complex NinjaScript from being a complex NinjaScript. If it was not coded or optimized in a way that can utilize the extra computer resources, it is possible to still experience the same kind of delays
      • It would be best to reach out to the developer of the add-ons and ask them why they are so resource intensive and what settings could be changed to make them less intensive.

Please use the following steps to see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
    • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
    • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip" Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
    • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
    • Please click here for a video demonstration

If you are using just the base NinjaTrader platform without any 3rd party add-ons and it is freezing and crashing, please send an email directly to NinjaTrader Support with your Log and Trace files along with Windows Event Viewer Logs using the steps below so we may look into this behavior further:
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in an email
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

As well, please send us your Windows Event Viewer logs. To get the Event Viewer log please do the following:
    • Right-click the Windows Start button and select "Event Viewer"
    • Expand 'Windows Logs'
    • Left-click on Application
    • Right-click on Application
    • Select 'FilterCurrent Log...'
    • Change the 'Logged' drop-down option to 'Last 24 hours' > OK
    • Right-click on Application again
    • Select 'Save Filtered Log File As...'
    • Make note of the save location, Enter a name for the file, and select Save
      • Please don't forget to attach the saved Event Viewer log to your reply.

Send the email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .
    • Put the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 03190289"
    • Feel free to include any addition

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes