Price action atm strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price action atm strategy

why does price have to pass my take profit level for trade to be triggered. example if my take profit is it 10pts the price has to pass 10.25 for the exit to be triggered. what settings are needed so that the trade is exited at price.(the 10pt take profit when touched. thanks in advance. other platfoms i have used tos -tradingview have this feature. the .25 is additional risk.

Hello dalebat12,

I assume you are trading a simulation account. When trading NinjaTrader simulation accounts, orders are filled as per the simulator fill engine. Please see the link below.

NinjaTrader provides a state of the art internal simulation engine that can be used to test trading ideas and hone your skills. The simulation engine is not a simple algorithm that fills your order once the market trades at your order price. The engine uses a scientific approach to determine fill probability by including a number of variables including: ask/bid volume, trade volume, time (to simulate order queue position), and random time delays for switching between order states.

You can force immediate fills by enabling 'Enforce immediate fills' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Trading.

Please note that the NinjaTrader platform does not have any control on the execution of live account orders. Once live account orders receive an 'Accepted' or 'Working' state, they reside at the broker/exchange and will execute as per market dynamics. You can view the order state in the Control Center-->Orders-tab, State column. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

first thanks for your answer. but it didnt answer my question? maybe i didnt explain it clearly..
      1 im live trading,
      2 i set up my oco bracket 1to 1 RR 10 points
      3 in order for me to either take profit or get stopped the price has to move 10.25 points other platforms allow for immediate fills once price touches 10pts. so the extra .25 or the tick of risk is not associated with the trade. i hope im explaining this correctly. thanks for your help with this in advance

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

As mentioned, the NinjaTrader platform does not have any control on the execution of live account orders.

Once live account orders receive an 'Accepted' or 'Working' state, they reside at the broker/exchange and will execute as per market dynamics. You can view the order state in the Control Center-->Orders-tab, State column. More information can be found at the link below.

If you feel a live account order should have been executed, please contact the trade desk of your broker for clarification. If you have your trading account with the NinjaTrader brokerage, please see the contact information at the link below.
        If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Touch-Ups  
        Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes