Market Replay doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay doesnt work

hey guys everytime i try my luck again, it happens... market replay makes jokes... so either it starts with a huuuuge PA gap which pretty much makes all MAs etc untradable.. and other times it just wont do anything on the chart but show price moving in DOM etc thats just 2 of a few examples.... what is this? why is this happening ? I feel im being too stupid to "press play" on market replay as always something is not working. Help highly appreciated

Hello ticktradr,

Thank you for writing in.

Please follow along with this video I made that goes over using the Market Replay data on the Playback connection for a review of the process and in case I mention anything in there that resolves your inquires:
    Some things to be aware of when using the Playback Connection:
    • Make sure you actually have market replay data downloaded for the specific Instrument, Contract, and Date that you are looking at
      • If you downloaded the 1st, 2nd, and then accidentally skipped the 3rd and then downloaded the 4th and 5th, it would look like it wasn't working on the 3rd for that instrument and contract specifically
      • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Click the + next to Market Replay > Click the + next to the Instrument and then Expiry/Contract > Make sure you have the date and specific time you are looking at downloaded
    • Make sure you are not looking at a time the Instrument isn't traded, a Saturday, or a Holiday
    • Make sure the Chart or Window has the correct Instrument and Expiry/Contract selected
    • If looking at a Chart and SuperDOM and the SuperDOM is moving but the chart isn't, check the Trading Hours Template on the chart:
      • Right-click on the Chart > Data Series > Properties > Time frame > Trading hours > Set this to "Default 24x7" and click OK
      • Right-click on the Chart and select "Reload all historical data"
    • If the chart is still not working:
      • Create a New Chart and make it a 1 Minute chart
      • Set the Trading Hours Template to "Default 24x7"
      • Make sure "Template" in the top right is set to <None>
      • Click OK to make this chart
        • Does it load in and move as expected?
        • If you open the Chart Trader panel, does it show the Ask and Bid values updating or just 0's
          • If the values are updating, this means there should be moving data
          • If the values show 0's there is no market data downloaded for that specific Instrument, Contract, and Time/Date

If you have any further questions, please respond with those specific questions along with screenshots if they are about an error or something you are seeing:
    • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
    • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
    • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
    • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
    • Please click here for a video demonstration
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post llanqui
    by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses