Slow unresponsive control center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow unresponsive control center

Control center panel suddenly becomes super slow and unusable. Dropdown appears 3 second after click. Interesting things are charts are much more responsive - hover state, dropdown appear right when i interact with them

AMD ryzen 7 5800x
    32GB ram
    SSD

I noticed that nobody has responded to you so i'm going to make a few suggestions... I wouldn't guess at the problem, you'll go down a long rabbit hole... so these are the steps I would take to start figuring out the problem...

1) Is the problem reproducible. Let's say you restart your computer (to remove any resource issues and start fresh) open up NT8 , does it happen right away? If it doesn't, you'll want to pay attention to when it starts, what might trigger it etc. My machine is a bit of a better spec and I got double the ram and I have still seen this being caused by a different application that had a memory leak and taking up all my systems resources... so you never know.

2) Does the problem still happen if NT8 is run in safemode (start safemode for NT8 like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wktutDl3K20) if it does still happen, i'd still think its system related. If not, it could be something that was installed into NT8 and would focus more on your NT8 configuration.

3) Look at windows event viewer. Chances are its a system issue and not related to NT8 (or everyone would be responding to this thread) so I'd look at your windows event viewer for critical window application logs to see if you can see any clues there. Also look at your computer resources at the point the lag is happening. Ram, CPU, Disk etc... percentages used, are they peaking at any point etc.

4) Do any other apps run slow? If not, start looking at the NinjaTrader 8 traces and log files and see if you see any exceptions that are being caught.

Chances are one of those 3 will help you pin point down the issue.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by xabcdtrading; 08-27-2022, 11:30 AM.
    xabcdtrading
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

I was told by the NT Support that you should restart the program at least once a day. Hope that helps.

Comment

Now the issue is gone. Perhaps it was time for reboot

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post llanqui
        by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM