Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/ES Data but Not Others? (Backtesting)

Hello,

I have worked on a code for a strategy I have developed and am trying to backtest it across multiple futures products. For some reason, it has absolutely no problem backtesting ES but any other instrument (NQ, CL, GC, etc.) comes back with 0 trades or near 0. I think it has to do with my futures data, but I'm not sure what has gone wrong. I am using Kinetic End of Day. Does it only support ES backtests? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hello Avs29,

Thank you very much for your post.

The "Kinetick - End of Day" connection only provides daily data. This means each calendar day would have a value for the open, high, low, close, and volume. This information would not suffice for a backtest.

What likely occurred was that you were connected to a provider that supplied data for this instrument in the past. The platform then uses this existing data in the backtests.

To resolve this, please connect to a provider that supports these instruments. For a full list, please visit our HelpGuide below:

If you have not yet requested a demo, you could also use the demo to download data for this backtest. To do this, please visit our website below:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Should you have any further questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:04 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ETFVoyageur  
    Started by cre8able, Today, 06:18 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes