Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello spotter and xiinteractive,

Thanks for your notes.

Your votes have been added to the feature request.

Let me know if I may further assist.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I would like to add my vote please to this feature request.

Comment

Hello spotter and xiinteractive,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your votes to this feature request.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Hi, I would like to add my vote please to this feature request.

Right now, this feature would be extremely important to protect a PA account from e.g. catastrophic failure until NT is able to fix the error, and we all know how long that can take, unfortunately. I wrote to support about this a month ago, unfortunately there is still no update. Meanwhile, I don't even get an answer from support to my emails, completely unprofessional from NT. I'm wondering who else is having problems with NT crashing due to this error here. Another person is already known to me with the same problem.
          ​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	116
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1261934
          Last edited by sidlercom80; 07-27-2023, 02:17 AM.
          sidlercom80
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Hello sidlercom80,

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sidlercom80 View Post
              Hi, I would like to add my vote please to this feature request.

Right now, this feature would be extremely important to protect a PA account from e.g. catastrophic failure until NT is able to fix the error, and we all know how long that can take, unfortunately. I wrote to support about this a month ago, unfortunately there is still no update. Meanwhile, I don't even get an answer from support to my emails, completely unprofessional from NT. I'm wondering who else is having problems with NT crashing due to this error here. Another person is already known to me with the same problem.
              â

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	116
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1261934
              That's why I'm running my PA Apex account through ninjamobiletrader vps to protect against my own computer and internet problems.

For your CMENQU3 error, have you thought about using 8.0.28 instead? I downgraded back to 8.0.28 to avoid the ticker confusion, but I think you can also change the ticker convention in the new 8.1.1.7 too.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

That's why I'm running my PA Apex account through ninjamobiletrader vps to protect against my own computer and internet problems.

For your CMENQU3 error, have you thought about using 8.0.28 instead? I downgraded back to 8.0.28 to avoid the ticker confusion, but I think you can also change the ticker convention in the new 8.1.1.7 too.
                Hi backtester831, it does not matter in this problem whether 'NQ 09-23' or 'NQ SEP23' is used. I use ''NQ 09-23' and my colleague uses ''NQ SEP23', both have the same problem. NT crashes sometimes, not always but often.
                Your VPS doesn't help you with this problem either, because NT then sends a wrong order mapping, it doesn't matter whether NT is installed on a VPS or on your PC at home
                sidlercom80

Comment

Hi backtester831, it does not matter in this problem whether 'NQ 09-23' or 'NQ SEP23' is used. I use ''NQ 09-23' and my colleague uses ''NQ SEP23', both have the same problem. NT crashes sometimes, not always but often.
                  Your VPS doesn't help you with this problem either, because NT then sends a wrong order mapping, it doesn't matter whether NT is installed on a VPS or on your PC at home
                  That's true, the VPS only helps with protecting from home computer and internet problems. The mapping problem is something entirely different. Personally, I've never seen the mapping problem on 8.0.28, is that the version you're using too?

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

That's true, the VPS only helps with protecting from home computer and internet problems. The mapping problem is something entirely different. Personally, I've never seen the mapping problem on 8.0.28, is that the version you're using too?
                    No, I always use the latest version, currently 8.1.1.7. I need to use the latest version to test my products.
                    ​
                    sidlercom80

Comment

No, I always use the latest version, currently 8.1.1.7. I need to use the latest version to test my products.
                      â
                      My understanding is the 8.0.28 and 8.1.1.7 are in parallel right now. I was having similar mapping issues with Apex Rithmic so that's why switched to 8.0.28

According to here, there's no recommended version and NT support says "there is no recommended version if you like 8.0 please continue to use that version." https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...94#post1260994

Comment

A clarification (I just like to take the opportunity to publicise it ;-)!) .0.28 and .1.7 are not being supported/developed wholly in parallel (I do not mean to say that is not so regarding the topic of this thread).
                        .27 introduced a long overdue modification the the Line Drawing Tool allowing snap-to 45 or 90 degrees using Ctrl key. It didn’t work upon release. Fixed in .1.7, (intentionally) not fixed in .28……
                        Kind regards,

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your notes.

The Development team will be implementing any feature requests or fixes in NinjaTrader 8.1.1.7, not in NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0.

To have access to the latest NinjaTrader features or fixes, you should update NinjaTrader Desktop to 8.1.1.7.

NinjaTrader New Experience FAQ: https://ninjatrader.com/support/new-experience-faq/

How Do I Update to the Latest Version of NinjaTrader Desktop: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...on-NinjaTrader

Comment

Upvote for OCO orders in Rithmic!

Comment

Hello bukowa,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Anfedport  
                              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes