NinjaTrader won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader won't open

When I try to open NinjaTrader either on my desktop or laptop, it will not start. It has been in the last week. Not sure what to do?

Hello kennyb59,

Thanks for your post.

What version of Windows are you using on your Destop and Laptop?

Do you see any error messages appear when trying to open NinjaTrader 8?

If so, please send me a screenshot of the error message so I may investigate further.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Windows 11 on both computers. No error messages. Just double click and it shuts down. I've read on this forum that it might be due to running One Drive and I am currently running One Drive.

Comment

Hello kennyb59,

Thanks for that information.

That is correct. One Drive could prevent the NinjaTrader application from opening.

To resolve this matter, please redirect your Documents folder to a local hard drive on your PC, then reinstall NinjaTrader.

I have included a link outlining how to remap your Documents folder below.
        I would also recommend going through OneDrive to make sure OneDrive isn't set to continue to backup the Documents folder. Please see the following link that outlines how to make changes in OneDrive:
        I have included instructions on how to reinstall the NinjaTrader platform below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, custom items etc. You'll need a license key for this procedure, which I've included below. These steps wont affect your current license key (if different):
        • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Please follow these steps:
        • Close all running applications.
        • Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
        • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 8 and click Remove.
        • Restart your PC.
        • After NinjaTrader is uninstalled, navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 8" folders located here if any: C:\Program Files (x86)\
        • or
        • C:\Program Files\
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:
        • https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect (* This is where you will need to input your license key to download)
        Let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Support do you realize the poor level of solution you provide?. Just to be able run a trading application we have to forget using onedrive that is stable and even part of IT infrastructure. that crazy fix your soft please and if you can't handle corectly onedrive put your ninjatrader out of mydocuments...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post futtrader  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid