Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is anyone having any issues when trading live using CQG data feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone having any issues when trading live using CQG data feed?

Could you run the following command on your machine and see if you are able to conect to CQG with no issues: tracert 208.48.16.200
    I am unable to connect through other networks and I have no firewall on my machine so I just need to see if this issue is from my end.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The issue is on your end. Try restarting your modem, router, and PC and try the connection again.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      My initial impression was that it was on my end as well and I already did all the things you listed. I also contacted my ISP but they've reported that this issue was not on their end.

To further understand the issue, I used 4 different networks with different ISPs to attempt to connect but I was still having the same issue when using tracert/traceroute where I cannot connect to the IP address listed above. I then use a different machine but I am still having the issue. When I use a packet sniffer, I can see data coming and going but since the connection is encrypted, I cannot see what data is coming and going and tracert was the method I was instructed to use for connection issue that I have very often with CQG so the packet sniffer use is of no great use.

To go even further, I used many VPS(virtual server) from different locations to attempt to connect using tracert but the connection still does not work. I also used a sniffer to see if the IP listed in the original post was the one being used for order routing and connection, it turns out that it is correct so that is not an issue of an incorrect address.

Do you have any other ideas as to how I can go about this? I keep having an issue of connection randomly dropping and I need to isolate and get to the bottom of the issue to avoid having it happen again when holding positions or entering positions.

Comment

Hi, there is no other settings or configuration you could do from the NinjaTrader end. Other users are not writing in about this same issue, so the issue is within a node of your network. If you send an email into platformsupport at ninjatrader.com and reference "Attn ChrisL 03091678" We can test your connection further through the privacy of email.

Kind regards.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM