Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin

Hello, I'm trying to change the background of my charts back to one of the default settings the dark slate. Is it possible to do this? This is not in the color options but in the skin options.

thank you

Hello agraham,

I believe you are wanting to change the x:Key="ChartControl.ChartBackground" in the ChartControl.xaml skin file.

I recommend that you create a copy of a skin with your own name and make modifications to your custom skin (so these are not overwritten on each new update).

You could, alternatively, change the background color manually, and then save that as the preset or Default template for new charts.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-08-2022, 09:59 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I believe I'm doing this correctly. Followed the instructions and created a new folder for the skins but not sure on how to access from ninja trader. Not sure if i have to import the folder or what. If I'm correct I shouldn't have to open BluePrint.xaml to edit anything as I am not trying to change the color. At this point after creating the folder I'm not sure what to do next. I did attempt to turn the folder into a zip and import it ut was getting a error message. I attached the message to the thread. thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello agraham,

From the help guide linked in post #2:
        "Copy the folder containing all of the skin's files, then paste and rename the folder in the same directory"

You just copy the folder in the same Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Skins directory right along side the other skins that are already there. Change the folder name to whatever you want your skin name to be.

After restarting, you can select the skin to your folders name in Tools -> Options -> General -> Skin.

This is not a NinjaScript and cannot be imported. Further, you can't just zip up anything and import it as a ninjascript. It has to be a NinjaScript exported from NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello, I have changed it in the tools section to slate dark. (see attachment) I've also restarted my computer but I don't see where to change the background color to the dark slate. The border has changed but not the chart background. I also do not see it in my color selections to change it. Please advise. thanks again.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello agraham,

To confirm, you are following the direction in post #2?

Have you opened the ChartControl.xaml file? Did you find that key?

Comment

Hello,

I've located the ChartControl.xaml file in documents, skin, templates then click on dark slate but it just opens up into a window when I click on it. I don't see that within Ninja trader if that's what you're asking. all i want is to get the chart background color to that setting. Is there anyway you can just remote in?

Comment

Hello agraham,

This is a xaml file. You would edit the file in a text editor...

I think maybe you don't want to be making your own custom skin..

Instead, why don't you try changing the background in the properties and saving this as a template / preset for new charts as suggested in post #2.

Comment

Hello,

i'm not trying to create a custom color. I just simply want the color of the existing skin. If I could I would just go into properties and change the color if it were there in the colors but it's not there. It's ok if you can't assist. thank you

Comment

Hello agraham,

A Skin is the theme that is being applied to the application windows. The skin is a xaml resource dictionary file that holds color codes for the keys that set the colors for the application.

You say you are not trying to create a custom color. I am not suggesting you are. I am suggesting that you probably don't want to be making a custom skin, as you have inquired in post #1.
                    I don't think you want to change the skin.
                    I think you should just set the background of the chart.

Where you have said:
                    "If I could I would just go into properties and change the color if it were there in the colors but it's not there."
                    This is incorrect.

It is in the properties. Attached is a screenshot proving this.

The help guide page on changing the chart properties I have linked you in post #2, lists this Chart background property on the help guide page.

May I confirm you have reviewed the help guide documents I have linked you?
                    Please confirm, you have reviewed the help guide documents I have linked in this thread.

Where you have stated:
                    "It's ok if you can't assist."

Can you further clarify how you feel I am not assisting you?
                    I am providing you with the exact information you have requested.
                    I have provided you with a link to the help guide showing where to change the chart background property.
                    I have provided you with the information you have first requested in post #1 about how to change a skin, though I think you are not actually trying to change a skin.
                    Please let me know what information you are requesting that I have not provided.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Yes I have followed the instructions you've provided. The color Dark Slate is not in the color choices I have in the sections which provide you with the options to change the chart background color. I'm fully aware of all of the colors in the system again Dark Slate is not an option. Not sure why you posted the color green or light gray but that's not what i'm looking for. Again it is Dark Slate which is already a color in the skin choices and it's not an option under the chart background color selections.

Comment

Hello agraham,

The screenshot is not of the skin xaml file. Instead I'm showing you where the Chart background property can be changed. It doesn't matter that I chose green, I chose a color to show you that property controls the chart background color. Choose whatever color you like.

Dark Slate is a skin, not a color. It cannot be selected from any color picker because it's not a color. Its a skin theme. The skin theme applies to the entire application.

To choose a skin click Tools -> Options -> General -> and select a skin from the Skin drop-down.

I think you may not be understanding what a skin is. This is not a color you can choose. Its a resource dictionary with keys and color codes for the windows in the application.

Comment

Hello,

I understand completely what you are saying. If you look at my previous message I sent a image of the skin color being changed to Dark Slate. However it is not updating any of my chart to color. The color remains the same. I've closed out and reopened and also attempted to create a new chart. It's still doesn't update. Can you tell me how to fix this because I've tried everything.

Comment

Hello agraham,

After changing the skin, NinjaTrader must be restarted.

Note, if you have a Properties preset or Default chart template loading, this will override the skin.

With 'Slate Dark' selected as the skin, the Chart background color will default to 'Black'.

Below is a link to a video demonstrating.
                            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-09-2022, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Perfect that did it. thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rene69851