Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart is not showing the live trade signals of a strategy that is executing

Hello,
    i have set up live trading and used a sample MA strategy to test it, the problem I have been struggling with is that when i as the strategy to the chart it starts working and submit orders to my broker ibkr, and my broker fills them, but chart sometimes shows the buy/sell signal and after a few trades it stops showing the signals, if i turn on the trader on the chart and set the account, it will show the position but it is not the real position that my broker is showing. The chart won’t fix until i click on script reset but for real trades it won’t show the signals sometimes.

Also when i reset the script or restart the strategy, it will buy three positions for no reason, i have full immediately and sync turned on but it will still buy the three contracts.

i searched everywhere but i can’t seem to find someone else with this problem in the forums, appreciate your help please.

Hello Alirofan,

Thank you for your note.

Can you confirm the version of TWS or IB Gateway you are using? This may be found on the splash screen when whichever you are using to connect starts up (sometimes called the Build Number).

If it's not one of the versions listed below, please uninstall the version you are using and install the appropriate one linked below:Once you have verified you're using the correct version, please test.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tested with the version 981.3i same thing,

Comment

Hello Alirofan,

Thank you for your reply.

Please check in your TWS Global Configuration->API Settings menu to see if 'Send zero positions for today's opening positions only' is checked. If it is, please uncheck 'Send zero positions for today's opening positions only' and disconnect/reconnect in NinjaTrader, then test.

Comment

thanks,
          it was unchecked
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	166
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1211068

Comment

Hello Alirofan,

Thank you for your reply.

To further investigate to see if there are errors occurring, we will need you to send us an email directly through the platform as we'll need your log and trace files. As these may contain personally identifiable information, we wouldn't want you to post those here.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following case number in the body of the email: 03060107 attn Kate W. and put a link to this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses